B7P9.cvt for BENQ DW1640

vbimport

Hello all,
I pretty much bricked my BenQ DW1640 a couple months ago and have decided to try fixing it again.
I had to read my own original thread to remember what I did. :doh:
Anyhow, I found another (very old) thread that seemed to have the exact same problem and a successful fix.:slight_smile:
http://club.cdfreaks.com/f92/problem-upgrading-1620-firmware-135159/

Problem is the link for cvt files became broken long ago and I can’t find the cvt file anywhere else.
Someone tell me where I can find B7P9 or B7T9 .cvt files please!
or if anyone has and is willing to send me a copy I would be super grateful.

Thanks.
Betty

[QUOTE=Evenstar11;2024722]Hello all,
I pretty much bricked my BenQ DW1640 a couple months ago and have decided to try fixing it again.

[B]Someone tell me where I can find B7P9 or B7T9 .cvt files please!
or if anyone has and is willing to send me a copy I would be super grateful.[/B]

Thanks.
Betty[/QUOTE]
Hi Betty,
Are you sure you have a 1640? B7P9 and B7T9 are firmwares for the 1620.

[quote=Evenstar11;2024722]Hello all,
I had to read my own original thread to remember what I did. :doh:
Anyhow, I found another (very old) thread that seemed to have the exact same problem and a successful fix.:slight_smile:
http://club.cdfreaks.com/f92/problem-upgrading-1620-firmware-135159/

Problem is the link for cvt files became broken long ago and I can’t find the cvt file anywhere else.
Someone tell me where I can find B7P9 or B7T9 .cvt files please!
or if anyone has and is willing to send me a copy I would be super grateful.

Thanks.
Betty[/quote]
If you flash B7P9 to a DW1640 you will kill the drive as Bob said above it is a DW1620 firmware.

@ Betty, You need this firmware for the 1640 it is the latest
http://www.benq.us/support/downloads/downloads.cfm?product=782&page=downloads&dtype=B

Hi :slight_smile:
Welcome onboard Evenstar11. :iagree: :clap:
Yes, as already pointed out you BS** series f/w.
Using WinDWFlash will mean it will try to flash any drive.
So make sure you have the right drive & f/w.

Thanks for the warnings.
I was sure I had a DW1640 according to what software said in my PC before… but I took the drive out yesterday after I posted and the label said DW1620. >.<
Which makes a lot of sense… the person with the same issue on the old thread made the same mistake.:doh:
Very sorry for the misleading.:frowning:
Hmmm… Maybe it was this mistake that caused me to reach my current problem. :frowning:
I assume I should still be looking for B7P9 type cvt and not the BS** series?

-Betty

[quote=Evenstar11;2025003]Thanks for the warnings.
I was sure I had a DW1640 according to what software said in my PC before… but I took the drive out yesterday after I posted and the label said DW1620. >.<
Which makes a lot of sense… the person with the same issue on the old thread made the same mistake.:doh:
Very sorry for the misleading.:frowning:
Hmmm… Maybe it was this mistake that caused me to reach my current problem. :frowning:
I assume I should still be looking for B7P9 type cvt and not the BS** series?

-Betty[/quote]
If your drive is in fact a DW1620 and you would have to be very sure, I would flash it with B7W9 firmware, the latest and last for that drive.

Maybe it was this mistake that caused me to reach my current problem
If you flashed a DW1640 firmware to a DW1620 your drive would be dead, so I dont think thats your issue.

It wouldn’t let me use any .exe, but I was able to find B7W9.cvt with WinDWFlash successfully. :smiley:
My drive is back to the way it was before, yay!
Before also = blank media detecting problem laugh, but at least I can work on solving it now!
TY for the help, was spot on.

[quote=Evenstar11;2025171]It wouldn’t let me use any .exe, but I was able to find B7W9.cvt with WinDWFlash successfully. :smiley:
My drive is back to the way it was before, yay!
Before also = blank media detecting problem laugh, but at least I can work on solving it now!
TY for the help, was spot on.[/quote]
Good to hear Evenstar11. Happy Easter.:slight_smile: