B7P9 and B7T9

vbimport

A few days ago I bought a second 1620 and decided to have one run with B7P9 and one with B7T9.

It may be that my second 1620 is not as good as my first or it may be that the second pc is to blame but my general gut feeling so far is that B7T9 is no improvement over B7P9.

This conclusion surprises me as I would have thought that BenQ could be relied upon to make improvements with each new firmware

I mainly use Fuji ( Yuden000 T02), verbatim ( MCC 003) or CMC MAG E01

Can anyone think of a reason not to flash the second drive to B7P9 ?

Can you tell me where and when the “bad” drive was produced? I have problems with a October 2004 OEM/bulk DW1620.

Can you tell me where and when the “bad” drive was produced? I have problems with a October 2004 OEM/bulk DW1620.

BenQ on the front. November 2004 Malaysia.

Just done another burn and obtained a 97% score. The more I see of these scans the more I’m convinced that DVD media is just too unrealiable. Even the “good” stuff varies from disk to disk.

Hm I tried a couple of Verbatim DVD-R and DVD+R, both jewel case (printable) and cakebox, and results are not impressive. Maybe the time when really great DW1620 have been produced is over? Otherwise it would mean all media on sale here (4 different shops) is not as good as it used to be… maybe I will waste just one more DVD+R made in Singapore for testing, have to see.

In which regard is your new drive “worse” than the old one? PIE/PIF? I do not even get nearly as good scans as others, and scans of dvd-r media get worse with every scan. Was told to check my power supply and already took some stuff out, but I did a fast calculation and still have 15-20% less power consumption than supply.

Also none of the currents has less than 10% reserve and the much more power-demanding LG (5 Watt more than the BenQ) works great.

All the best!