B3-stepping P67 ASUS Boards begin to ship according to some reports

vbimport

How is it actually? Is the intial shipment B2-stepping PCHs de-soldered and B3-stepping PCHs re-soldered to the “old stock”-boards? Or is it brand newly made boards from the very first one? What’s your guess?

They will be new boards, Intel is paying, so why bother trying to repair them?

I hope MB manufacturers will be nice enough to make any other needed revisions to their boards before rushing them out :slight_smile:

[QUOTE=eric93se;2577220]I hope MB manufacturers will be nice enough to make any other needed revisions to their boards before rushing them out :)[/QUOTE]Hopefully they will do that.
My board is running so sweet, that I’m not even sure if I want to replace it,

[QUOTE=Dee;2577262]Hopefully they will do that.
My board is running so sweet, that I’m not even sure if I want to replace it,[/QUOTE]
I know what you mean. I’ve been really pushing two chips with this board and it’s as solid as they come. I wonder if they want the old boards returned? :wink:

[QUOTE=Dee;2577262]Hopefully they will do that.
My board is running so sweet, that I’m not even sure if I want to replace it,[/QUOTE]
I may be wrong here but dont you have 3 years to return it? I would use it until it broke , in 3 years time if not alot sooner you wont have that board anymore anyway. It was just about 2 years ago were chatting about the Gigabyte X48 DS4 LGA 775 like it was the cutting edge, now its old technology. I would keep it if you are not having any problems and return it if necessary, rather than rip down your system and build another.:wink:

I can’t wait to swap out my Gigabyte P67 board. First, I think it has some gremlins related to the BIOS. Second, the thing is a ticking time bomb. I’d rather get rid of it ASAP than wait for it to fail.