Azeureus

vbimport

Is Azeureus a safe to use torrent client?

or is there always a big chance if you use torrent files of any kind you’re more like to get caught?

(I plan to use it with PeerGuardian)

It is no more or less safe than any other Bit Torrent client.

What is the best MPAA Protection plugins that I can get for Azureus? I also have a DSL router and everytime I turn it off and on I have a different IP, is it smart to set it to reset every day or every hour? Does this improve my chances in hiding from the MPAA?

No as your IP is redorded by your ISP, therefore all they have to do is compare date and time with records and see who had the IP at the time.

jaffa, you have been told in other threads regarding p-2-p if you are that worried about getting caught just don’t do it. If you do then you accept the risks involved. At the moment torrent is being watched more then ed2k network as it is one of the faster ones out there used by release groups to diseminate thier releases before they hit the other p-2-p networks.

Why hasn’t the large mainstream switched to the safe “Mute” file sharing program? Why hasn’t Limewire adapted some of Mute’s ultra high anonymous software.

There is a price to pay for “anonymity” including overhead meaning a slower network. There is no such thing as anonymity on line.

jaffa, you have been told in other threads regarding p-2-p if you are that worried about getting caught just don’t do it. If you do then you accept the risks involved. At the moment torrent is being watched more then ed2k network as it is one of the faster ones out there used by release groups to diseminate thier releases before they hit the other p-2-p networks.

I agree totally. I personally do bittorrent for downloading some stuff, but you take a risk. There is never ‘no’ risk at all, all you can do is try to minimise it… Mainly by sticking off the main torrent provider sites and trying to get invited into private torrent forums (extremely fast speeds, and are extremely safe).

Also you may want to opt to use newsgroups or ftp’s to get your stuff, its up to you. All I know it that bittorrent is the 2nd most likely downloading source that your likely to be caught off (next to p2p programs such as limewire…)

Azerureus is just a software client. The actual clients are rarely the cause of legal action taken against a person. The files you download are what get people into trouble. For example, if you download an illegal file and one legal monitors notice you downloading it, that is what will get you into trouble. Its not the gun that is illegal, its how you use it :cop:

www.findnot.com

it works but seems to be slower than i would like.

Wow that site looks like such a scam, haha, i think ill just stick with my good old free peer guardian.

haha you right, it won’t win in design awards but it does work. i had an account. when you got to whatmyip and other ping resources your ip address is masked and can’t be traced. basically its an anon proxy you connect to and they filter all your traffic without keeping log info (or something like that). hahaha…again it works but its not that beneficial for P2P b/c you lose your download and upload potential.

1. Azureus is no safer than any other client. However, it is a good deal buggier on a regular basis. Not something you can leave running for days on end, it tends to leak memory like a sieve.

2. The high-anonymity networks are pretty darn good. The latest generation such as MUTE or FreeNet work very well. They are also EXTREMELY SLOW. Painfully slow. FreeNet takes on the order of 8-12 hours just to form connections, and must be left running round the clock in order to maintain itself. Downloading files on Bit Torrent is measured in KB/sec. - sometimes I get 300KB/sec. on fast torrents. Traffic on high anonymity is measured in BITS per second. The fastest I’ve EVER seen a high-anonymity file transfer go is 65kbits/sec., which is about 8KB/sec. - dialup modem speeds.

3. You’re never TOTALLY anonymous. While networks like FreeNet offer high anonymity in that NOBODY knows what’s in their disk cache… nothing is foolproof.

4. Peer Guardian works well for most of us, but c’mon - if you’re a high risk downloader, you’re taking a calculated risk. Period.

Indeed all the plugins in the world can’t hide you on the Internet. I think most of us know about ECHELON
No matter what is said or typed in this electronic world, goes through ECHELON.

From ECHELON watch (Now somehow disappeared)

Echelon is perhaps the most powerful intelligence gathering organization in the world. Several credible reports suggest that this global electronic communications surveillance system presents an extreme threat to the privacy of people all over the world. According to these reports, ECHELON attempts to capture staggering volumes of satellite, microwave, cellular and fiber-optic traffic, including communications to and from North America. This vast quantity of voice and data communications are then processed through sophisticated filtering technologies.

This massive surveillance system apparently operates with little oversight. Moreover, the agencies that purportedly run ECHELON have provided few details as to the legal guidelines for the project. Because of this, there is no way of knowing if ECHELON is being used illegally to spy on private citizens.

ECHELON coverage map

Found this new URL for ECHELON Watch

===

I’ve seen several documentaries that’ve showed its reach all over the middle east. Wherever you see white domes, telco towers etc. That means it could have some ECHELON equipment in there.

I like Azureus and use it often, but I like Bitlord more.

bitlord is a heinous BT client…rip of bitcomet, ties to pay-per-click companies, leecher-centric coding, gambling and xxx ads built in…

several sites ban bitlord users and i personally kick&ban anyone connected to me via bitlord…

Delusional paranoid rantings deleted.

Echelon doesn’t exist, or if it does is of extremely limited usefulness. You can’t filter all Internet traffic.

Besides, with protocols like FreeNet or MUTE, nobody knows where the data is headed. In order to track down ONE user, they’d need to track down and impound EVERY user of the network, and run cryptographics on their machines. Since these protocols use high encryption, just getting the data off of ONE node - for which the operator isn’t responsible since he doesn’t know what’s in there - would take on the order of months.

So hush with the paranoid delusions.

if you knew how the internet operates (hint: fiber optic BACKBONEs, single point of access for most traffic) you’d realize that echelon is entirely possible. consider how much the US spends on “defense” and “homeland security.” All you’d need is something like a government-owned Google with a bit of extra storage besides, and that doesn’t even touch the Dept of Defense’s massive wallet.
how many people use encryption for anything?
a very tiny percentage of web users.
how long would it take a cluster of 10,000 machines to break “high-grade encryption”? seconds? then once you’ve got the keys, all the ensuing traffic is as easy as plaintext.

ECHELON probably does exist, but I doubt it’s the all powerful entity suggested by conspiracy theorists, and I certainly doubt that it’s ever used to catch people infringing copyright over p2p.

i dunno if ecelon exists but i do know somoene who works at a private company hired by the govt to listen in on internet traffic and phone/cell communications.

If someone’s intersted in tracing people on the internet here’s a A practical guide to Internet reconnaissance

First paragraph:

[i]Sometimes thirty-two bits are all you need. This is a guide to Internet reconnaissance - a guide to finding out as much as you can concerning a target via the Internet. Utilizing publicly available resources, we can quickly learn a good deal about a suspicious host, such as its service provider and originating country. Coupled with real-world knowledge, we can assess the threat posed by a would-be attacker and react accordingly. Along with a good idea of where to start, this requires some basic working knowledge of the Internet and the communication for which it provides.[/i]

The Hunt Is On…