AXWHISKY SCSI Controller

How do I remove this from my computer permanatly?
I have uninstalled it through device manager but when I reboot windows automatically finds new hardware and if ii skip it i get a unknown drive in my computer.

I dont want or use virtual drives BTW.

If you don’t want to use virtual drives, just disable them. Go to Alcohol’s settings and set the number of virtual drives to 0.

Originally posted by Lvsitano
If you don’t want to use virtual drives, just disable them. Go to Alcohol’s settings and set the number of virtual drives to 0.

Thanks, that worked.

Why is it called SCSI?
I dont even have a SCSI Device!:frowning:

I want to get rid of it from system device manager.

It is a virtual device, and it just happens to pretend it is a scsi controller. You cannot remove this from device manager, or alcohol will not start.

Originally posted by warchief

How do I remove this from my computer permanatly?
I have uninstalled it through device manager but when I reboot windows automatically finds new hardware and if ii skip it i get a unknown drive in my computer.

I dont want or use virtual drives BTW.
Well, you didn’t have to uninstall or remove it.
All you had to do was to disable it in Device Manger as shown below :

And btw, Alcohol will always start successfully with having the virtual drive disabled. :smiley:

Originally posted by warchief

I have uninstalled it through device manager but when I reboot windows automatically finds new hardware

Uninstalling a device does not remove the device drivers from your computer’s hard disk.

Device driver
If a device is listed in the Hardware Compatibility List (HCL), a driver is usually included with Windows.
Device drivers load automatically (for all enabled devices) when a computer is started,
and thereafter run invisibly .

[B]Disable =

to make a device nonfunctional[/B].
For example, if you disable a device in a hardware configuration,
you cannot use the device when your computer uses that hardware configuration.
Disabling a device frees the resources that were allocated to the device.

When you disable a device, the physical device stays connected to your computer.
The drivers are available again when you enable the device.