Aws?

Ok now I KNOW I been away to long LOL

No flames or shouts of NOOBIE please ok, we cant all live our lives glued to the PC :slight_smile:

AWS - When is it needed?

I use a Liteon 24102B - Havent really burned ANYTHING specific for 6 months, now im back into the scene a little, and things have changed :frowning:

Let me know please :slight_smile:

Chris

AWS - When is it needed? I use a Liteon 24102B
You: Never

Chris

Amplify Weak Sectors, a software trick to write readable weak sectors (Safedisc 2 protection method). LiteOn doesn’t need software tricks like AWS to write readable weak sectors.

now im thoroughly confused, I’ve always burned safedisk 2 games with my liteon 48x with aws and they work. So do i don’t i enable it?

In theory, 2 sheep burners can write with or without aws. For a reason I can’t image, some 24102B make coasters with aws enabled.

But I think it’s easy to memorize: You never need aws with liteon 24102B or newer.

Originally posted by alexnoe
But I think it’s easy to memorize: You never need aws with liteon 24102B or newer.

Have never needed AWS with my LiteOn LTR-12102B either. Been running LiteOn LTR-48125S for two weeks now.

Ltr-12102B and Ltr-16102B models don’t need AWS either but some 12x and 16x Liteys do. However, as alexnoe said, no 24x or above Litey needs AWS.

ok, but is it a bad thing if it is enabled on 48x model?

As soon as a SafeDisc 2 version sets error correction to “none” for verifying the disc (which could be implemented via patch), no SD2 disc written with AWS enabled (regardless what burner was used) will work on a Toshiba 1502/1612.

Why use it when it’s not needed? You probapply won’t experience any troubles with it on, but why take the risk?

Thanks alexnoe. Have a Toshiba SD-M1612.

ok well ill leave it off in the future