AWS or no AWS for liteon 16102B?

vbimport

i want to backup BF1942 and i have just downloaded the clonecd profiles from the sticky in this topic, but there are two different profiles;

SafeDisc 2(.51) [AWS].ccp
SafeDisc (2) [no AWS].ccp

which one do i use?

thanks heaps

You haven’t read this or this

It depends on the burner…you have a 2B but whether it can cope with SD2.51.020+ is a matter of try and see.

get back with any further problems, by all means.

lite on = no aws

Originally posted by damiandimitri
lite on = no aws
Not entirely true for older models

Originally posted by FutureProof
[B]you have a 2B but whether it can cope with SD2.51.020+ is a matter of try and see.

get back with any further problems, by all means. [/B]
Are you saying that one 16102B varies from another 16102B? If they do not then I can confirm that it can backup all Safedisc versions including Safedisc 2.8. :wink:

Originally posted by Bulk
Are you saying that one 16102B varies from another 16102B? If they do not then I can confirm that it can backup all Safedisc versions including Safedisc 2.8. :wink:

thats great to hear but do you use AWS or not?

>do you use AWS or not?

No, not with his unit - but you may need to. Try it without.

thanks very much for your help guys…much obliged. Its quite cool to see someone from Australia here, and also from Utrèg (i am also dutch and visited Utrèg in January).

the fast responses are quite nice too :smiley:

lol

yes…some old models do need AWs…hmm…forgot about that…

Utreg is a nice place…

Originally posted by ocau.titan
[B]thanks very much for your help guys…much obliged. Its quite cool to see someone from Australia here, and also from Utrèg (i am also dutch and visited Utrèg in January).

the fast responses are quite nice too :smiley: [/B]
Hey! Whats wrong with London…
Actually, don’t answer that.
My 16102B will backup all Safedisc versions using Clone CD. My 48125S will backup all Safedisc versions using Clone CD. Some other guy’s 48125S might not backup Safedisc 2.8 using Clone CD. That would be the fault of Clone CD and not the unit.
Once upon a time…
I was talking to this bloke who had the same drive as me (16102B) the same game and the same version of Clone CD. (Cannot remember the exact Clone CD version. 4.x.x.x) The game was Warcraft 3. Using the same profile with the same drive he could create a working backup but mine would fail. I blamed this on Clone CD aswell because CD Mate would produce a working backup. CCD since fixed that problem but others have problems with Safedisc 2.8. For me CCD works very well for Safedisc 2.8. As do every other app.:wink:

sounds like i might just have to try :D…i am a bit of a tightarse when it comes to cds, so this time i will have to give in or my bf1942 cd will get wrecked by constant usage :eek:

thanks for all your help

(btw, the only time i have been to London is when i sat in the airport waiting for a plane. Six hours later we left, so you can imagine that i won’t think very highly of London until i actually SEE it :))

thanks again

Originally posted by ocau.titan
sounds like i might just have to try :D…i am a bit of a tightarse when it comes to cds, so this time i will have to give in or my bf1942 cd will get wrecked by constant usage :eek:

Why not lash out and buy yourself a couple of re-writables for testing purposes? :wink: They’ll save you heaps in the long run. Just the ticket for a tight-arse like you, I’d think. :wink: :stuck_out_tongue: :smiley:

never thought of that…cheers :slight_smile: