AWS doesn't works?

vbimport

Well, I' ve just copied World Cup 2002 (SD 2.51) using the help of Beta Blocker (by burner, Artec RW321248, doesn't support EFM correcting). The problem is simple: It works fine in my recorder but when I tried to play it in my DVD it didn't play... This troubled me so I tried the game and to couple of my friends. No luck... I know that I did everything by the rule : Imaging, wth the options of clony XXL, with Clone CD 4, I used Beta Blocker and the I burned the imagefile... Any idea??

What brand is your DVD?
FP says that some CD/DVD can read ATIP which is a part of the protection in 2.4+ :slight_smile: Use Daemon Tool or Hide CDR Media to see what happens :cool:

Oops… I forgot the thread title… :bigsmile:
Anywayz, use Daemon Tool with SafeDisc emu on to see what happens, or maybe use another CD-ROM drive :slight_smile:

Originally posted by RedHatted
Well, I’ ve just copied World Cup 2002 (SD 2.51) using the help of Beta Blocker (by burner, Artec RW321248, doesn’t support EFM correcting). The problem is simple: It works fine in my recorder but when I tried to play it in my DVD it didn’t play… This troubled me so I tried the game and to couple of my friends. No luck… I know that I did everything by the rule : Imaging, wth the options of clony XXL, with Clone CD 4, I used Beta Blocker and the I burned the imagefile… Any idea??
Somehow i can’t find a relation between the title of your post and the post itself.

You say you have created a partly working back up with the use of bb.

1. By using bb to create an sd2.5x image you render the use of AWS useless. Burning the betabloqued image with AWS on will not help, it might even render the image useless and give you a non working backup as a result.
  2. FIFA2002 WC gives no read errors (FES never steps in) so i can’t find any reason why BB should be of any help.

At what point and in which way did you find the AWS not working? All things considered, you should consider yourself to be lucky to get a backup that works only in your cdr drive :wink:

Originally posted by Hemispasm
FIFA2002 WC gives no read errors (FES never steps in) so i can’t find any reason why BB should be of any help.

Now that’s odd. The version released here in oz has the usual 550-600 bad sectors typical of sd2 cds. Maybe the version released in your part of the world has a different protection.

Originally posted by softwareguy

FP says that some CD/DVD can read ATIP…

Hello softwareguy, I missed you; got that new burner yet? Oh, btw, I never said that in the way you mean

Well doesn’t Beta Bloacker do that (Amplify Weak Sectors)??? When I burned the image I hadn’t had the AWS enabled… By the way I’ve tried to play it to three DVDROMS (BTC 12x, SONY 16x, Pioneer 16x) and one CDROM, the Artec 56x. None of them worked… If I’m doing something wrong forgive me because I was out of the burning stage for a while and now I’m trying to catch things up! :cool:

Originally posted by philamber

Now that’s odd. The version released here in oz has the usual 550-600 bad sectors typical of sd2 cds. Maybe the version released in your part of the world has a different protection.

Well, the version i have is SD2.5 protected but while making the image i don’t get any errors and FES never kicks in. FP has mentioned that FES does kick in only once with his game cd, so go figure.

The truth is i haven’t been able to back up this game yet (not that i tried more than once) so there might be something else going on. It is my understanding that FP hasn’t been able to back it up yet, at least this was the case a few days ago.

Well doesn’t Beta Bloacker do that (Amplify Weak Sectors)???When I burned the image I hadn’t had the AWS enabled… By the way I’ve tried to play it to three DVDROMS (BTC 12x, SONY 16x, Pioneer 16x) and one CDROM, the Artec 56x. None of them worked… If I’m doing something wrong forgive me because I was out of the burning stage for a while and now I’m trying to catch things up!
The use of either AWS and BB doesn’t necessarily guarantee full success. It is common for non EFM capable writers to get backups that only work in the cdr and not in other drives, despite of the use of AWS/BB.

AWS doesn’t work for all non EFM capable drives, and for those that does, it never exhibits the same results. Sometimes the same drives have different results while backing up the same games with AWS.

Of course there are cases where ppl do get working backups in all drives, but on the other hand it ain’t uncommon to get 100% non working backup as well. You should keep that in mind :wink:

The exact version of the World Cup 2002 I have in my hands is 2.51.021. It has read errors in the first 450 sectors… Then all things go on smoothly! Do you think that if try with the help of AWS (in CloneCd), without using Beta Blocker would do any good??

The exact version of the World Cup 2002 I have in my hands is 2.51.021. It has read errors in the first 450 sectors… Then all things go on smoothly! Do you think that if try with the help of AWS (in CloneCd), without using Beta Blocker would do any good??
Yep, you should definetely try the AWS in CCD. BB doesn’t work for all sd2 protected game titles out there. Just use the sd2 profile provided by the forum (AWS on).

Ooops, now I noticed it… Hemispasm lives in Athens. Well I live there too! How is it possible that you have World Cup 2002 with SD2 2.5??? Where did you bought it and when??

Ooops, now I noticed it… Hemispasm lives in Athens. Well I live there too! How is it possible that you have World Cup 2002 with SD2 2.5??? Where did you bought it and when??
Just throwed both Clony and CopyDetector at it just to double check - both returned with SD2.51. Haven’t checked for specific files yet (no reason why i should). The game was a gift, don’t know where it was bought from. I don’t think that you will find any version of this game protected by anything else but SD2.51 though.

Well that makes sense… I just run across in an other thread in Clone CD forum where it seems that many other have problems burning World Cup 2002!! The weird thing that I don’t understand though is that it plays smoothly in my recorder. You can never know what to expect…

The image of World Cup 2002 that I have doesn’t work when i try to play it from Daemon Tools (3.16), with or without the safedisc emulation turned on! I suspected this could be due to Beta Blocker, so I made a new raw image and tested it… The same luck. I keeps telling that “Fifawc caused an error in ~DE739E.TMP”. Does your image works???

Originally posted by Hemispasm
Well, the version i have is SD2.5 protected but while making the image i don’t get any errors and FES never kicks in. FP has mentioned that FES does kick in only once with his game cd, so go figure.

Actually it’s even stranger than you think. Fp posted that whenever he’s tried to copy this game with clonecd, FES has kicked in twice; when I copied it, FES kicked in once (as it should); and when you tried to copy it, FES didn’t kick in at all. However, given that it should only kick in once, it isn’t surprising that of the three, mine is the only one that worked. (I don’t know if fp has since managed to copy this cd with clonecd, though if he hasn’t, no doubt he’ll keep at it until he does even though he could easily get a working copy by simply using discdump to dump an image and burning that image in a raw mode with any of his numerous 2 sheep burners).

Btw, when you test any copy of this game, you should be aware that it will only run from the drive from which it is installed.

Originally posted by philamber
Fp posted that whenever he’s tried to copy this game with clonecd, FES has kicked in twice;
Yep you’re right, just checked. You were the lucky one to have created the working copy :wink: Forgot about it.

Will try with different ccd settings when i get the chance. It is kind of odd i have to admit.

Well this may sound kind of stupid thing to ask, but what is FES? :confused:

Something you can try, that is hot off the presses, completely untested, etc., but might work, is:

1. Read the original CD.
  2. Burn the CD with AWS off.
  3. Read the copy in the drive that the AWS copy didn’t work in, and find all the bad sectors that weren’t in the original.
  4. Scramble the first bad sector not in the original using spath’s sector scrambler
  5. Using a Hex Editor, replace the first byte in the User Data part of that sector with the Hex value 0x30.
  6. Burn the CD using CloneCD, with AWS off.
  7. Repeat, using the copy you just made as the original, until you get no more bad sectors, apart from the ones found on the original disc (That you bought from the store).
  8. Post your results in the “Best Patching Algorithm” thread in the CloneCD experienced users forum.

Originally posted by SirDavidGuy

4. Scramble the first bad sector not in the original using spath’s sector scrambler

Where can I find Spath’s Sector Scrambler???

Originally posted by FutureProof
Hello softwareguy, I missed you; got that new burner yet? Oh, btw, I never said that in the way you mean

Nupe, not yet, waiting for that CRX195A1 to drop a little bit b4 buying it :slight_smile:
Anywayz, didn’t you say some newer CD Drives can read the ATIP in some other threads :bigsmile: