Avril Lavigne - Under My Skin copy protection?

vbimport

Any1 know what copy protection is employed on this CD?

I used clony to try and find out but that came up with nothing. Also, there is no indication of the type of protection used printed on the inlay or the cd itself.

I’ve only used clonecd so far, but I keep getting the same problem… drive spins up, gets to 2% and reading slows down to less than 100K/sec until it gets to about 8% then spins back up to full speed and reads the rest of the disc no problem.

Sure enough, when I play the backup, the end of track 1 and most of track 2 are garbled and the cd player just skips all over the place.

I have tried using both my drives (liteon 52246s and pioneer 107D) and get the same prob with both. I also have autorun disabled, although auto insert is enabled. I have tried various settings in clone to no avail.

Any help would be appreciated.

If I am unable to make a backup or make mp3’s of this CD which I bought, I will be getting a refund and sending an email to BMG music telling them how their copy protection lost them a paying customer :frowning:

A quick search over the net told me that that CD is protected with CDS200… but I haven’t it, so I can’t tell it for sure…

I have found also another thread about copy protection on a CD by the same artist, maybe it can help you. :slight_smile:

Regards,

ET

Success!

Turned the read speed down to 4x (from 16x) and put the audio extraction quality up to best (was on bad) and the disc read in at 4x all the way no problems. The copy plays perfectly :slight_smile:

Thanks for your reply eltranquil btw.

Happy to hear that! :slight_smile:

Welcome to the forum, BTW!

ET