Avira Scan on 5098 Beta version DVDFab

vbimport

Recently while checking my Avira quarantine area I noticed a indication that 5098 Beta was supposed to be bad.

Here is the information I received on Virus Total and Virus Scan by Jotti:

Virus Scan Jotti

Type File
Detecton Contains recognition pattern of the DR/Agent dfdb dropper
Source DVDFab5098Beta_avangate-689.exe

A-Squared Trojan.Win32.Agent!IK
AntiVir DR/Agent.dfdb
F-ecure Trojan.Win32.Agentdfdb
IKARUS Trojan.Win32.Agent
Kaspersky Trojan.Win32.Agent.dfdb
VBA32 Trojan.Win32.Agent.dfdb
Virus Buster Trojan.AgentRRUD

Virus Total
Last Update 2010.02.17

AntiVir DR/Agent.dfdb
Kaspersky Trojan.Win32.Agent.dfdb
McAfee-GW Edition Trojan.Dropper.Agent.dfdb
VBA32 Trojan.Win32.Agent.dfdb
VirusBuster Trojan.Agent.RRUD

I had this since about January. I noticed the entry and then restored it and sent it to Virus Total and Virus Scan. It said that the entry had been scanned previously on another date.

Anybody else seeing this.

If anybody else has a clean copy of this version I would appreciate getting it from you. I just like to keep all the versions that I can.

thanks
snagel

I’d have to say it is probably a False Positive from your virus scanner. :confused:

V 5 was years ago. Sometimes the wrapper that a program uses sets off a false positive.:wink: And since it was a beta I would have thought we would have heard about it big time because Fengtao was here at that time.

[QUOTE=alan1476;2504927]V 5 was years ago. Sometimes the wrapper that a program uses sets off a false positive.:wink: [B]And since it was a beta I would have thought we would have heard about it big time [/B]because Fengtao was here at that time.[/QUOTE]

Going over my records show there was reports from a few members/users(including myself) on that release, but like you said that was years ago and no longer an issue and the entries that snagel found can be deleted :bigsmile:

Hi,[QUOTE=snagel;2504917]Recently while checking my Avira quarantine area I noticed a indication that 5098 Beta was supposed to be bad.
(…)
I had this since about January. I noticed the entry and then restored it and sent it to Virus Total and Virus Scan. It said that the entry had been scanned previously on another date.[/QUOTE]Apart from this being kind if ancient beta (!) software, I am curious from what date these scans were.
If I remember correctly, then a file will not be re-scanned even if the last scan dated from years ago.

Michael

March 19, 2010 is the last and most recent scan where my anti-virus Avira picked it up. It was somewhere around January 2010 that it picked it up the first time. I noticed it setting in my quarantine area and restored it and scanned it again. Avira flagged it again and quarantined it.
Avira did not give a choice of Heal, or ignore. It just flat out quarantined it.

I was hoping someone had a clean copy of the 5098 Beta. I don’t know why but I like to keep a copy of all the versions that I can.

snagel

[QUOTE=snagel;2505090]March 19, 2010 is the last and most recent scan where my anti-virus Avira picked it up. It was somewhere around January 2010 that it picked it up the first time. I noticed it setting in my quarantine area and restored it and scanned it again. Avira flagged it again and quarantined it.
Avira did not give a choice of Heal, or ignore. It just flat out quarantined it.

[B]I was hoping someone had a clean copy of the 5098 Beta[/B]. I don’t know why but I like to keep a copy of all the versions that I can.

snagel[/QUOTE]

Well if you want a copy of it just send me a PM(Private Message) with your email address and I will send it :smiley: we at MyCE aim to please :bigsmile: