Avidemux 2.4 GTX+ question

vbimport

Hi,
I’m close to my goal thanks to everyones help here but the final hurdle is saving something I edited in avidemux to a quicktime compatible file to use in powerpoint.

I figured out how to take out all the stuff I don’t want from a DVD file on my hard drive but when I save it in avidemux, nothing can open it. It seems as if when I save my project, it doesn’t add anything after the name I give it.

Any suggestions on how I can edit the DVD video on my hard drive and convert it to a quicktime compatible file would be much appreciated.

Thanks for the help in advance.

Does your avidemux have an EXPORT function… In many video related softwares , you need to use an export function to export your video in a format which you can use in other programs.

I don’t think it does. I looked for export like I use in my audio program but I’m not sure if they do it another way. It seems possible but I can’t figure it out yet. I’m open to other program suggestions if anyone knows of any.
Thanks

Since you say this,

“I figured out how to take out all the stuff I don’t want from a DVD file on my hard drive.”

Now convert your edited file to Quicktime file or other format supported by PP ,with Super or Quick media converter…

If you save a file in Avidemux you have to give it an extension once you type the file name in Save box, otherwise it will not be recognized by anything.
If you have a file on HD, just use “Rename” and type corresponding file extension to it.

http://www.erightsoft.com/SUPER.html