I am using the latest version of DVDFab Platinum 22.214.171.124. So far, I have not encountered any major problem.
I backup my movies by ripping the main movie onto my hard drive then I convert them to avi.xvid audiocopy. Quite successful all the time. The conversion takes approximately 1 hour and 10 minutes, give or take a few.
Last night I tried the AVI.H264 audiocopy profile so I can compare it with the XVID. I always do a doulbe pass and 1200 bitrate (kbps) and the closest to 720 frame resolution when I do xvid so I did the same thing when I tried to do H264.
After an hour I of processing, I noticed that the “Task Time Left” shows 2+ hours. I check it again after an hour and it still shows 2+ hours. I cancelled the job and here I am asking, since this is the first time I used h264 if it really take that long to convert a movie to avi.h264 audio copy.
The movie is Cold Mountain. It is a long movie, 2.34 hours playing time.