Avi to VCD with the prog DVD2SVCD

Hi,

when i followed the tutorials on this site about converting a AVI to DVD i used te program DVD2SVCD, and I like it :bigsmile:

But, i have a few questions about it:

• Can I put more than 80 minutes of movie on 1 VCD (without overburning)?
  • If the anster to question before is NO, is it possible on SVCD?
  • If one of the two answers on the questions above are YES, how do i do that with the prog DVD2SVCD??? Which settings do i have to make if I want 1 whole movie (Dolby 5.1) on 1 (S)VCD?:rolleyes:

Yes you can, I have put about 95 mins onto a SVCD and it was fine.
You do this under the bitrate tab, just select the max ammounts of minutes and the size of the CD and it will do the rest for you.
Be warned, the longer the movie, the lower the quality of the SVCD so if you are looking around 90 then make sure the avi is of good quality to start with.

This is what mine is currently set up like

Sorry but 95min of std SVCD on an 80 min CDR will be very poor quality indead, almost unwatchable.

VCD and SVCD’s also CANT have AC3 audio, bet it stereo or 5.1, their standard is MPEG1 Layer 2 (or MP2) audio only.

If you want to get a full movie (ie 90min) into 1 CD, then you will need to go to XVCD or XSVCD. The simplest and easyiest to use there is EazyVCD (www.eazyvcd.tk ) its similar to DVD2SVCD but much simpler. It only converts DVD’s though, not AVI. If you ned to convert an avi, then check out kvcd at http://www.kvcd.org/portal/index.php

Originally posted by ChickenMan
[B]Sorry but 95min of std SVCD on an 80 min CDR will be very poor quality indead, almost unwatchable.

VCD and SVCD’s also CANT have AC3 audio, bet it stereo or 5.1, their standard is MPEG1 Layer 2 (or MP2) audio only.

If you want to get a full movie (ie 90min) into 1 CD, then you will need to go to XVCD or XSVCD. The simplest and easyiest to use there is EazyVCD (www.eazyvcd.tk ) its similar to DVD2SVCD but much simpler. It only converts DVD’s though, not AVI. If you ned to convert an avi, then check out kvcd at http://www.kvcd.org/portal/index.php [/B]

Actually the quality was surprisingly good, but the source avi was of excelent quality and CCE was on 4 pass to make sure I got the best picture possible.
I would show you, but I don’t think my e-mail provider would be too happy sending you a 800meg disc image!

Originally posted by petera
I would show you, but I don’t think my e-mail provider would be too happy sending you a 800meg disc image!

Haha neither would mine :frowning: and on dialup, it would take a week to d/l.