AVI to ISO?

vbimport

Hey everyone.
Have another question here…

Is it possible to convert AVI files to ISOs?
If so, how could it be done?
I have three AVI files I want to burn onto a dvd.

Could I use Nero to burn the AVI files?

Should use WinAVI to convert to DVD?
The only draw back(for me) to using WinAVI is that it converts
the files to VOBs and I have no idea how to burn using VOBs.
I usually make my files ISOs.

Which takes me back to my original question, can I turn an AVI to an ISO?

Thanks again everyone
Raf

ahrm

The pertinent question here is:

Do you want to be able to watch the movies on your DVD player? If so, then you’ve got a little work ahead of you. If you just want to be able to see them on the computer, then just burn 'em with Nero as a data disc.

Egads… you mean it’s not a simple fix?
Crud.
I want to watch them on a dvd player.

Um well I was able to make my “movie” with the AVI files using Movie Maker that came with my Dell.
From there I just burned with Nero and voila, no problems.
I was able to watch them on a dvd player as well.

The problem with .AVI files is that often they are not properly encoded and contain errors which prevent some programs from working.

Depending on what codecs were used in the encoding, as long as you have the proper codecs on your system you can use programs such as dvdSanta and WinAVI to create DVDs.

These programs will sometimes hang if the .AVI is defective.

And when you’re all done, you can put the VOBs into an ISO with the help of ImgTool Classic from http://www.coujo.de/

The only minor problems I’ve noticed is the off lip sync.
But it’s so minor I’m not worried about it.

Does anyone here know had I used WinAVI to convert to VOBs would the quality be better?

I’ve converted a couple hundred avi files to DVD with VSO DivXtoDVD and had no problems.

Here is the free version that I used.

JML

divxtodvd does convert and copy properly but the quality goes to Sh… people who have used it know exactly what im talking about…I used TMPGenc to edit and convert into mpeg but now my nero wont recognize it to burn !!

[QUOTE=KGZ;2557536]divxtodvd does convert and copy properly but the quality goes to Sh… people who have used it know exactly what im talking about…I used TMPGenc to edit and convert into mpeg but now my nero wont recognize it to burn !![/QUOTE]

Back in 05 the OP asked how to convert 3 AVI’s to DVD…I’m sure he/she figured it out by now…And yes it most likely looked crappy…That said, ConvertxtoDVD does a decent job, and ’ beauty [I][B]is[/B][/I] in the eye of the beholder…
FWIW, I would [I]not[/I] convert/burn more than 1.5-2hr flick on SL disc…

so to JEDI5 yes it is possible to convert avi to iso but will it burn on NERO ?..NO…an iso is a just a copy of the original format you copied im going through the same exact thing right now…If you copy the ISO from nero it will be a data dvd which will not get recognized by most dvd players…or NONE !!! We need to somehow make a video dvd which NERO doesnt give the option for unless you have NERO MULTIMEDIA 10 (NERO VISION)…

converted my avi to mpeg2 standard dvd format and still NERO doesnt recognize it and wont burn into video dvd…WINAVI doesnt help either just tried it because it wants to burn the mpeg2 into mpeg2 …whats the point same process…still searching and trying my way around this one…you / I need AVI or MPEG2 to be converted into a dvd format to be recognize by NERO 10 im using NERO 10 express not nero vision…which im by the way considering right now …lol

To KGZ and Jedi5(I guess):rolleyes: apps e.g. ConvertxtoDVD, DVDflick, AVStoDVD etc, will convert the avi(s) to DVD compliant video, and ISO if you prefer, which you can then burn to DVD disc…So unless you’re dead set on Nero 10 express/Nero Vision, there you have it…

Why not use DVDFlick or AVStoDVD to create the DVD from your AVI? Neither uses Nero to burn but rather the popular Imgburn.

Ooops! I see t0nee1 has you covered. :slight_smile:

[QUOTE=KGZ;2557547][B]so to JEDI5 yes it is possible to convert avi to iso but will it burn on NERO ?[/B]…NO…an iso is a just a copy of the original format you copied im going through the same exact thing right now…If you copy the ISO from nero it will be a data dvd which will not get recognized by most dvd players…or NONE !!! We need to somehow make a video dvd which NERO doesnt give the option for unless you have NERO MULTIMEDIA 10 (NERO VISION)…[/QUOTE]

That was not the question from the OP, his were already answered…

And you just hijacked that old thread… Bad idea.