AVI to DVD

I am brandnew, and am trying to find out how I might burn a captured AVI file to DVD by using Nero 6. Thanks for any help.

You need to convert the avi file to vob with a standard structure to be able to do that; Nero burning rom will not do it. If you have the whole suite, there should be Nero recode (or something as I don’t remember what was there in version 6).

If not available, you can try convertxtodvd, it is very easy and has a free trial.

The full version of Nero should include Nero Vision, which can convert the avi to dvd for you.

There are better choices, including the commercial program that Hemispasm recommended. ConvertXtoDVD is fairly popular around here.

I prefer a few free programs, AVStoDVD, FAVC and DVDFlick. Each will take you from an avi file all the way to a finished dvd ready to burn. Each can also be set up to burn automatically with an excellent free burning program called ImgBurn.

I might burn a [B]captured [/B]AVI file to DVD by using Nero 6

If you need to some trimming/editing and/or would like some video transitions, and have the latest version of Nero 6 with Nero Vision Express 3 use it. It is much more versatile in this regard than the other software mentioned.

I am loving the consistant, ease of use that
Cucusoft AVI to VCD DVD MPEG Creator Pro
Provides, it is quite versatile.

look on Sourceforge.net for AVStoDVD open source
as simple as … click the + (plus sign) to add files in an Explore pop-up. You can customize menu’s, or just click Burn.
It converts whatever video formats you have into DVD … piece of cake

[QUOTE=johnnykaraoke;2295167]look on Sourceforge.net for AVStoDVD open source
as simple as … click the + (plus sign) to add files in an Explore pop-up. You can customize menu’s, or just click Burn.
It converts whatever video formats you have into DVD … piece of cake[/QUOTE]

Yes!, it is working very well, thanks!