AVI to DVD?

vbimport

Okay, I have a problem. I have some footage of my family in AVI. My sister wants a copy on DVD that she can play in her DVD player. I said I get her that. However, I do no know how to put the AVI files onto a DVD disk so they’ll play in a DVD player. Do I have to do anything special to the files or can I just put them on the disk one at a time and have them play?

If your player supports avi,then just burn to DVD disc…
If not you’ll have to first convert. Try with FAVC, DVDFlick or ConvertXtoDVD …
Good luck!

[quote=Locutus92;2072117]My sister wants a copy on DVD that she can play in her DVD player.[/quote]Can you find out and tell us what the make and model number of your sister’s DVD player is? Then as [B]t0nee1[/B] says, we can advise you on the best way to burn the files.

ConvertXtoDVD

[quote=redback5;2072814]ConvertXtoDVD[/quote]Good program but would be a waste of money if the DVD player in question can accept .avi (XviD/DivX) natively.

[QUOTE=imkidd57;2072241]Can you find out and tell us what the make and model number of your sister’s DVD player is? Then as [B]t0nee1[/B] says, we can advise you on the best way to burn the files.[/QUOTE]
The [B]best[/B] way would be to convert to DVD, even if the player supports Divx/Xvid. Their are many fine free programs: DVD Flick, FAVC, Avi2DVD or AVStoDVD. This way you will have an easily playable DVD with chapters (and some will do menus) and the ability to resume play from a stop. Navigation in Divx players is crude to say the least.

It’s generally held to be better to avoid another re-encoding step. Let’s see what the OP’s needs are… :wink:

[QUOTE=imkidd57;2073859]It’s generally held to be better to avoid another re-encoding step. Let’s see what the OP’s needs are… ;)[/QUOTE]

:iagree::iagree: