Avi to dvd or so I hoped

vbimport

Trying to convert a perfect avi file to dvd with Intervideo win dvd creator. Program looks nice and easy and with the wizzard creating a dvd was like the proverbial piece of cake. However, the output came in the form of a quite narrow, widescreen sort of, picture with two big black areas on top and below. There isn’t much to adapt in the form of output; I can only choose Pal or nstc (or something like that). What’s screwed up here? As you may have guessed: ecperience in the field -0. All and any help will be most appreciated.

i’ve never used Intervideo win dvd creator, but it sounds like an aspect ratio problem. i have used just about every other method of avi to dvd conversion and suggest you give nero visionexpress a try…as always BE SURE to go to more options and do A LOT of righclicking everywhere possible in order to bring up more advanced settings etc.

Thanks m8, much appreciated. Will give it a try.

I have the same program and the same problem.

i’ve never used Intervideo win dvd creator, but it sounds like an aspect ratio problem. i have used just about every other method of avi to dvd conversion and suggest you give nero visionexpress a try…as always BE SURE to go to more options and do A LOT of righclicking everywhere possible in order to bring up more advanced settings etc.

Will Nero 6.6 do an AVI to DVD conversion without using TPMGEnc to encode it. If so, what are the required settings. A link to any guide would also be helpful.

Will Nero 6.6 do an AVI to DVD conversion without using TPMGEnc to encode it ?
No, you need nero visionexpress