AVI to DVD in Nerovision audio out of sync

Using Nero 7.2.3.2b recoding AVI’s to DVD’s audio on the recode
is out of sync. Anyone have this problem and if so is there a solution?

Loads of threads/ suggestions/ fixes on this one! Found a simple & quick solution for the prob. I’m using Nero 7, trying to make DVD with menu with 4 xvid avi files (around 350 mb each). Result - sound out of sync. avis play perfect in media player. Seems that Nero uses own xvid decoder. Solution:

1. Make DVD on hard disc with WinAvi, it’s faster than Nero and uses the system xvid decoder.
  2. Use Nero, make DVD with the WinAvi VIDEO_TS folder and create your menu.
    That’s it! No sync issues. Execution time with my Pentium 4, 2.8Ghz, was 64 mins. for WinAvi and 14 mins., (yes 14!) for Nero.
    :iagree:

From website:

“About the evaluation period
You can install and try all of our software. During this evaluation period, the software has full functional. except some limitations. Please pay for the registration”

Anyone know what the “limitations” might be?

"limitations"
That’s for which software? WinAVI or Nerovision?

The WinAVI download page for the trial version hints at “limitations” but doesn’t say what they are.

:wink: I know that.If you have used the trial version,you can know what that is.It’s a watermark in the middle of the video which it put out.

Installed latest Nero 7 update - v 7.5.1.1 - converted xvid avi to DVD - no out-of-sync problems so looks like Nero have fixed it! :slight_smile:

A further development and an easier/ quicker fix:-
Updated to Nero 7 v7.7.5.1. Lipsync issues when playing .avi files in Nero Showtime and when using Nero to make DVDs from .avis. Problem only when .avis encoded with xvid, not with divx. All .avis playing perfectly in Windows Media Player and PowerDVD.
Solution:-
Disable Nero’s own codecs which forces the prog to use the system codecs:
In C:\Program Files\Common Files\Ahead\DSFilter, rename NeAudio2.ax to OLDNeAudio2.ax and rename NeVideo.ax to OLDNeVideo.ax.
If you ever need to reverse the changes for any reason just rename the two files to what they were.
:slight_smile:

Doogal4 is a lifesaver! I’ve spent so much time trying to find a solution on the Web, and I’ve spent so much time downloading software to try to fix the problem…

My experience (and other posts in various forums on the web) indicates that the problem only comes up when trying to convert XVID files with variable bitrate audio to burn on DVD.

From various other forums, I’ve tried a half-dozen programs to re-encode the file before putting it into Nero, but (as Doogal4 implies), the problem seems to be with Nero’s own XVID codec. Disable the two files, and XVID’s XVID codec gets used instead. Of course, you need to have installed the XVID codec from XVID (it’s freeware, go to the xvid website and get it).

One clarification – I didn’t have any file named NeAudio2.ax, but I do have a NeAudio.ax. I’m running an older version of Nero, so I’m guessing that NeAudio2.ax is a revision. I renamed NeAudio.ax to “oldNeAudio.ax”, NeVideo.ax to “oldNeVideo.ax”, and tried re-encoding two discs that had given me serious sync issues. They’re now playing beautifully. Thank you for the tip!

That’s a nice fix. I was having issues with sync, but only with certain files. Seems that Nero can be touchy if you change a bit rate and it will play the video slower than it should.

My solution was to River Past Video Cleaner to use timestamps to force Nero to read the file right. It tacked on an extra 8 mins per vid, so the fix you came up with will take out a step.

Nice fix indeed. Until now I had to convert the out of sync xvid files to divix file in order to get the audio and video in sync on a burned DVD. This works 100% of the time. I even went back and burned the old files to DVD again that were out of sync. :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow:

WOW, great solution. :clap:
I just started having this problem yesterday and had reloaded Nero amungst trying other things. One search on the net and I found this thread. Worked like a charm. Thank you!

[quote=doogal4;1717190]A further development and an easier/ quicker fix:-
Updated to Nero 7 v7.7.5.1. Lipsync issues when playing .avi files in Nero Showtime and when using Nero to make DVDs from .avis. Problem only when .avis encoded with xvid, not with divx. All .avis playing perfectly in Windows Media Player and PowerDVD.
Solution:-
Disable Nero’s own codecs which forces the prog to use the system codecs:
In C:\Program Files\Common Files\Ahead\DSFilter, rename NeAudio2.ax to OLDNeAudio2.ax and rename NeVideo.ax to OLDNeVideo.ax.
If you ever need to reverse the changes for any reason just rename the two files to what they were.
:)[/quote]

Hi I use Nero 7 and have tried this and the sync is now worse than ever, what am I doing wrong? please help

[quote=snoutster;1790628]Doogal4 is a lifesaver! I’ve spent so much time trying to find a solution on the Web, and I’ve spent so much time downloading software to try to fix the problem…

My experience (and other posts in various forums on the web) indicates that the problem only comes up when trying to convert XVID files with variable bitrate audio to burn on DVD.

From various other forums, I’ve tried a half-dozen programs to re-encode the file before putting it into Nero, but (as Doogal4 implies), the problem seems to be with Nero’s own XVID codec. Disable the two files, and XVID’s XVID codec gets used instead. Of course, you need to have installed the XVID codec from XVID (it’s freeware, go to the xvid website and get it).

One clarification – I didn’t have any file named NeAudio2.ax, but I do have a NeAudio.ax. I’m running an older version of Nero, so I’m guessing that NeAudio2.ax is a revision. I renamed NeAudio.ax to “oldNeAudio.ax”, NeVideo.ax to “oldNeVideo.ax”, and tried re-encoding two discs that had given me serious sync issues. They’re now playing beautifully. Thank you for the tip![/quote]

Hi I use nero 7 and have done as Doogal4 advised and I have downloaded XVID Codec but when I convert and burned using nero the syn is worse then ever - what am I doing wrong please help:-)