AVI TO DVD burning software always encounters a problem and needs to close! HELP

vbimport

Hey ive been using allok avi to dvd converter…now all you do is throw in the avi files that you want to burn and select a output quality format and it will convert the files for you in VOB. everything was working great until two nights ago when i kept on trying to burn multiple avi files to one dvd.

It always starts to encode and then gives me the error saying…avm.exe needs to close etc etc… i have divx n k lite codec installed, i dont think its the codecs cause i have both of these installed when i first started using it and it worked great. i even tried system restore and same problem.

What generally is the issue when you get that encounted a problem and needs to close error? i also would like any advice on what software is similar to this, i need a good software where i can throw multiple avi files in and select my own output format/quality and convert it to vob so i can burn them.

cheers folks

I’m not sure what is going on with your program, as I have never tried it.

If you want some alternatives, look at DVDFlick, FAVC or AVStoDVD. There are more, but this should give you a start. All of these programs convert to a finished dvd, ready to burn to disk. You can also make a menu so that you can select individual files that you have put together in a compilation.

[QUOTE=Kerry56;2164987]I’m not sure what is going on with your program, as I have never tried it.

If you want some alternatives, look at DVDFlick, FAVC or AVStoDVD. There are more, but this should give you a start. All of these programs convert to a finished dvd, ready to burn to disk. You can also make a menu so that you can select individual files that you have put together in a compilation.[/QUOTE]

hey i tried dvdflick but i was confused how to use it lol…can i add multiple avi files and select my quality and output format. meaning if i want to burn 5 eps of a series to dvd, with allok you can do that, the quality wont be excellent thoe.

Yes you can add more than one video. Just hit Add Title on the right hand side of the window in DVDFlick.

Adjustments to the way the program works can be done in Project Settings at the top of the window. DVDFlick comes with a simple guide to the program which you should look through.

I just tried it…real easy to use but i got the same problem…it told me it encounted a problem and closed down. every dvd software ive been installing in, it seems not to work at all.

this is a nitemare.

Post the exact error message. Also try with just one of the avi files instead of several. Perhaps one of them is corrupted.

You should examine the avi files with Gspot Video Utility and see if it has a problem rendering the files.