Avi to be played on a stand-alove DVD player

vbimport

Hi all
I’m not sure if this is the right forum to post this.
I did do a search and read some of the post hoping they would guide me the right direction. I’m new to the video, vcd, svcd thing.

So here’s my delima.

I have these (.avi) files of movies on my PC which I can view using media player.
Also (.mpg) files. They average about 650 MB.

What is the process by which one can view them on a regular DVD player that is just connected to a TV. In the past I’ve seen movies that were given to me that were (SVCD) or (VCD) and played on some chinese made DVD players (APEX). Again, I’m not familar with the video conversion or compression process.

So I have these (.avi) files on my computer Harddrive and I want to be able to burn them unto a CD or DVD (I’m not sure whic is the correct media) so I can view them on “regular” home DVD players.

For starters I tried opening Nero (I’m running v5.5.10.56) and selecting “super Video CD” in the “new compilation” window and dragging the (.avi) file into it.
Well, it accepted it and I could see folders in one of the virtual window on the left that was similar to those found on the SVCD disk that was given to me. When I then selected burn “Disc At Once” , it started the process and indicated that it was encoding. But it took forever to burn. I just decided to cancel the process not sure if I had done the rioght thing to begin with.

So here I am on this forum looking for answers and some guidance.
In my search here, I came across references to the following:

TMGEnc; Cinema Craft Encoder.

Am I suppose to be using one the above listed programs to acomplish what I want?

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

TIA

yes im having the same kind of problems

…wmv/.avi to play on my DVD player on the big screen

desiprince

good question sir

Hi,

‘’’'For starters I tried opening Nero (I’m running v5.5.10.56) and selecting “super Video CD” in the “new compilation” window and dragging the (.avi) file into it.
Well, it accepted it and I could see folders in one of the virtual window on the left that was similar to those found on the SVCD disk that was given to me. When I then selected burn “Disc At Once” , it started the process and indicated that it was encoding. But it took forever to burn. I just decided to cancel the process not sure if I had done the rioght thing to begin with. “”

You should let it finish what it is doing. Encoding is NOT burning. Please read the forums properly before you post. There is ENOUGH info out there but YOU have to search for it. Just posting your probs without reading the remaining posts already(i.e."“TUTORIALS FIRST”") indicates incredible amount of lethargy.

Unicorn23’.