AVI Splitter Clipper

I can’t find a free AVI splitter or clipper that works. If its a trial version that lets you clip more than the first 5 minutes of a movie or doesn’t brand any ugly letters across then that would work. I’ve used AviSplit Classic and its worked beautifully for 2 of my files, but for some reason won’t work on my other two files even though they are all AVIs. So anything you can give me please!

My questions are somewhere along these lines.

I’m looking for a program that will conjoin two files reguardless of sample rate, or a program that will allow me to resample the clips without much loss.

Right now to join my files I’m using BoilSofts AVI/MPEG/RM/WMV Joiner v4.82

I’m also looking for an editing program that will allow for surgical accuracy in the cutting strike of a small clip from a larger one.

I’m currently using BoilSofts AVI/MPEG/RM/WMV Slpitter v4.82

This program seems to find preset places to start the cut. I’ve set in exact times and it seems that forsome reason the file gets cut about 3 or 4 seconds BEFORE my start time…I don’t know about the end times because I was so concerned with the start times that I never got to check the ending.

If there is something I’m doing wrong, please explain this process to me more indepth.

Thanks alot!
KillerD