AVI sound synchronization problem

Hi,

I recently downloaded 2 AVIs files, from different sources. However, both of them seems to have the same problem, audio synchronization (too fast compare to image.)

When I downloaded the first file, I thought it might just be the source, but after downloading a different file and still having the same problem, it might be that I dont have the right codec or sth.

Now I downloaded K-lite codec already (which helped because previously it had no picture), but I’m still having this synchronization problem. Can anybody help?

Thanks,

Cindy

Hi Cindy,Welcome to CD Freaks. I suggest you remove k lite. All I use are the windows codecs and divx 5.0 and have no problems with any of the avi files I have, and I have quite a few different ones. I also suggest downloadiing “GSpot codec information appliance” from gspot.headbands.com
, it will let you know what codecs are installed and what codec is needed for individual files. Also if you have broken avis you might want to try “divfix” from divfix.maxline.com .:smiley:

This may be stupid of me (not really my field of expertise), but if you try to view it, doesn’t it say which codec is used? (I believe that AVI preview does this).

Perhaps then you can also try to search for the specific codec used.

What kind of movies did you download? Perhaps the source of origin can help out as well.

Originally posted by Da_Taxman
[B]This may be stupid of me (not really my field of expertise), but if you try to view it, doesn’t it say which codec is used? (I believe that AVI preview does this).

Perhaps then you can also try to search for the specific codec used.

What kind of movies did you download? Perhaps the source of origin can help out as well. [/B]

The AVI preview will help a little (unless it’s broken by another media player like mine:( ), but it does not give all the information you need (i.e. it will tell you what your computer will use to try and decode the file, not what codec you should use).

Try GSpot, it gives a lot more info and a one over with DIVFix will probabally solve any problems.

If your still stuck then tell us what codecs you need and I’m sure we can help:)

Hi Guys,

Thanks for trying to help me out. I tried using AVI info, but its still not working, I also tried using G-Spot, but not actually sure how to read it :frowning:

The file i’m downloading has MPEG Layer 3 for its audio format and XVID for its video compression.

Any more suggestions?

Thanks again,

Cindy

Do you have the xVid codec installed??

http://home.comcast.net/~cmr2004x/xvid.zip

Only 192 KB, and it works! I use it :slight_smile: