Avi no compression

vbimport

I have about 200 movies ripped into my NAS drive. I want to play them with my PS3.

Using DVDFAB

1st. Option

VOB Passthrough.

RESULT : 1 file, perfect quality, no selectable subtitles.

(this options usually gives me wrong movie length or playtime) don’t know why!??!

2nd. Option

step1. Generic AVI.XVID.AUDIOCOPY 4500 bit rate, 720x480
step2. AVIADDXSUB (using IDX/SUB Generated by DVDFAB).

RESULT : 1 file, medium quality, selectable subtitles.

I might be happy with option 2 if i could find a way to get the exact quality i get from VOB Passthrough.

[B]IS THERE A WAY TO CREATE DVD to GENERIC (AVI) without any compression?!

Or can you recommend what should be the best settings for this option?![/B]

:confused: :confused: :confused:

Thanks!

Option 1 is what a lot of us use…

The move play time can be fixed by using TSMuxer…

http://club.cdfreaks.com/f116/vob-passthru-video-length-times-often-wrong-248519/

Thanks gkinghrn.

I will give TSMUXER a try even though I am not very happy with the 2 step process, asuming the TSMUXER will take a lot of time right?

So you are not using subtitles right?

I hope the PS3 supports better the VOB files and include subtitles… SOON!

There is currently no viable option to convert a DVD with subtitles that will play on the PS3 and does not result in quality loss. The best result I have created thus far is an XVID file using mencoder (command line) and then wrap it with subtitles in a DIVX container (AVIADDXSUB). The result is almost indistinguishable from the original but takes a rediculous amount of processor time (< 1fps on P4 3Ghz).

For now, I have been using VOB Passthrough and I make sure to select the subtitle option. In the event that I find a new way to encode or reformat that keeps the quality then I’ll have the subtitles ready and waiting for a batch conversion.

[QUOTE=kimosavi;2154506]Thanks gkinghrn.

I will give TSMUXER a try even though I am not very happy with the 2 step process, asuming the TSMUXER will take a lot of time right?

So you are not using subtitles right?

I hope the PS3 supports better the VOB files and include subtitles… SOON![/QUOTE]TsmUxer takes about 15 minutes tops…and no i dont use subtitles…

~~ Leaving for Germany in a few hours so will try this TSMUXER when I get back.

Thanks all for the info.

For now will have to do without subtitles (mainly are for my wife and friends).

Hope the support for the PS3 comes soon.

Thanks.