Avi Mux/Demux & VirtualDub Question

vbimport

Hello I am working with some avi captured from VHS… and I have two questions:

1. Is there some software that allows me mux/demux avi files (I want edit the audio to take off some hiss…)??
  2. I applied VirtualDub filter to this file… and in the preview looked really well, but in the moment I want save it, the file is soo huge, for 1 minute is probably 4GB avi!!!. Do you know if is a problem or is common and how can I save it???. I only applied 4 filters I think… I don’t know if the Avi result file is proportional to the amount of filters applied.

Thanks again,

In AVI, your audio and video are already split. Most good audio editing programs should allow you to filter your audio and then add it back with your video. The size of it shouldn’t matter all that much…

[QUOTE=CopperTomato;2003351]Hello I am working with some avi captured from VHS… and I have two questions:

1. Is there some software that allows me mux/demux avi files (I want edit the audio to take off some hiss…)??
  2. I applied VirtualDub filter to this file… and in the preview looked really well, [B]but in the moment I want save it, the file is soo huge, for 1 minute is probably 4GB avi!!!.[/B] Do you know if is a problem or is common and how can I save it???. I only applied 4 filters I think… I don’t know if the Avi result file is proportional to the amount of filters applied.

Thanks again,[/QUOTE]

You have not set a valid compression method for the target file.

I have set the Full Processing Mode (or so!) for video and for audio: Direct Stream Copy is the correct one???, with the other two methods the filters are inhabilited.

Hey, I found the problem, I didn’t select the proper codec in “Compression” now is great!, those filters really made a good job.

Thanks,