.avi movie with DTS audio convert to .avi movie with ac3 audio

Hi, i have the following problem, recently i bought a dvd player LG DVX-9900 and it worked fine until yesterday, when i tried to play a movie with a DTS audio stream, it doesnt recognize it, only mp3 or AC3, i upgraded the firmware with the latest upgrade from fallen angel, but it didnt work - so the only option now is to convert the DTS to AC3, i tried with virtual dub but it says, it cannot recognize the audio codec (source format tag 2001), so what should i do,
10x

Hi, i have the following problem, recently i bought a dvd player LG DVX-9900 and it worked fine until yesterday, when i tried to play a movie with a DTS audio stream, it doesnt recognize it, only mp3 or AC3, i upgraded the firmware with the latest upgrade from fallen angel, but it didnt work - so the only option now is to convert the DTS to AC3, i tried with virtual dub but it says, it cannot recognize the audio codec (source format tag 2001), so what should i do,
10x

10x

DTS is a standard for DVD-VIDEO, so your player is the problem. Or the DVD is b0rked.

Virtual Dub has no DTS support.

You can use Tranzcode/Tranzcode Gui to rip the DTS audio to mono wav form. Then you need use something like Sonic Audio Transcoder to put the 6 separate channels back into an AC3 stream.
You may have to convert the wav streams to 16bit as they’re probably 32bit from the DTS.
I’ve only done this once & it went fine although it took me a while as all first attempts usually do.

I’ve posted a reply to your other thread about what you should do.

The other thing to do is read the forum rules as this double/cross posting is not allowed. It’s confusing and causes unnecessary clutter.

Is it movie specific or all movies? Original or backups? Also e-mail or check the forum site for LG DVX-9900 for other who have had this problem. It sounds to me like a specific DVD problem if it worked before. Or your player is dying in that area of functionality!

i see, but the thing is that the audio is inside the .avi, so first i need to rip the audio out with some kind of tool, then do all that (converting), then join the audio and video again in an .avi movie, i supose? right? can you tell me with what to do that, if i am right - PLEASEEEE :bow: , i really want to watch that movie in my DVD :sad:

etp, i am shure its the movie cousing the problem becouse even virtual dub, says - invalid audio stream tag 2001… when trying to convert from original stream to ac3 stream

Ok! I am with you now! AVI files! Not Backup DVDs!

i AM sorry that i didnt read the rullz, but i was in some kind of hurry, and i wanted more people to get pass by my post, but now i know… 10x

as for the chef post - i am shure the DTS stream is the problem couse my dvd is brand new - and it plays regular dvd movies (many VOBs) perfectly

Yeah, you are looking for something to convert DTS to AC3 6-channel… which I’m pretty sure Virtualdub doesn’t do, at least not in its base format. Why not check the tools section at Videohelp or Doom9? Be aware, however, that this is a long, ugly process that you may not be pleased with.

so, etp, do you have any idea how should i procceed…

I thought I’d answered this already. Tranzcode is free but the Sonic software isn’t & I don’t know of a free alternative although others might.

Sony movie maker and Sonic DVD DELUXE full package are the only programs I use besides Nero! I just never needed DTS for a AVI file! I have not been down that path! Stereo is all that I ever use for AVIs. Sorry! But I will stay tuned to see if anyone gives expert help! Here are some links!

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/foru…php?forumid=90

http://www.videohelp.com/dvdbackup

http://www.camcorderinfo.com/bbs/

http://www.avforums.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=61

http://club.cdfreaks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=32

Ok. I take it then you have ripped the movie from the DVD and now have an .avi with DTS audio. You need to demux the audio with VirtualDub, decode to 6 mono wav files with Tranzcode+TranzGUI and then load the 6 mono wavs into a AC3 audio encoder (such as Sonic Audio Transcoder - part of Sonic Scenarist - or TheAC3Machine if you want a free option).

Please stop crossposting. You may be new but I think you know well that your question doesn’t belong in the “Bargain Basement” forum section.

well bcn, i even dont know what bargening basement is:), but as for the movie, i cant rip the DTS audio from the .avi with virtual dub, couse it wont simply indentify the codec it says error (tag 2001) or i didnt understand ???

tranzcode cannot convert DTS audio streams built in an .avi , only stand alone .dts extensions - i tried it many times, first i need to rip the DTS track from the .avi with a software of some kind that i am not familiar with, yet
virtual dub doesnt work or at least i dont know how exactly

With VirtualDubMod you demux the DTS audio to a separate file & then run TranzcodeGui against the extracted file.
That’ll be Streams/Stream List/Demux. At least that how I think I did it.