Avi/iso to dvd has no sound in dvd player?

Hi guys

First post but this has been troubling me for some time. Just have never got around to fixin this prob.

Everytime I burn a file to dvd, encode and burn. Then go to play in the dvd player it plays the movie fine but no sound at all. If i play in the xbox or ps2 or pc dvd drive. The movie is fine. I am using nero to burn at the moment. But have played aorund with different programs. Only have nero installed at the moment as I have recently formatted.

If any1 has any ideas. Hopefully it is simple then thank you. if not thanks for tryin.

maca_ab

Run a program called GSPOT against your dvd and post the results here. I’m guessing that the problem is with the format of your audio file.

Often when this happens, it’s due to the player not property decoding the audio format that you chose for the DVD. What software is being used, and what is the exact audio format being encoded? You might also try changing the audio settings on the player, or use the audio button on the remote.

Some players will only output certain audio formats through the analog outs, so if you have only digital audio hooked up, it might do this.

I’d also recommend using anything else but Nero for authoring DVD’s. But if you must use it, make sure it’s encoding Dolby 2ch, (AC3-2ch), or MPEG2 audio. MPEG2 audio may be the source of your issue though, so Dolby is preferred for most players.

Thanks tonnes guys.

The movies were being converted as mpeg1. Now I have changed it too Dolby 2ch, (AC3-2ch). Now works great I knew it would be something easy but asking has stopped me pulling my hair out over an easy fix

Thanks again

Nope, but mpeg2.

[QUOTE=maca_ab;1906059]Thanks tonnes guys.

The movies were being converted as mpeg1. Now I have changed it too Dolby 2ch, (AC3-2ch). Now works great I knew it would be something easy but asking has stopped me pulling my hair out over an easy fix

Thanks again[/QUOTE]

i have nero 7 and same problem…where did you go in nero 7 to see converted as mpeg1 and where did you also go to change it to dolby 2ch…ty