AVI format for xbox 360 using dvdfab

vbimport

I just purchased the latest version of DVDFab 5. I had version 4 and when I chose the Generic format, it automatically created an AVI that I could stream to my 360’s without issues.

However, the new version defaults to an avi.H264 which doesn’t work. I’ve tried the avi.xvid.audiocopy option and still no go. Get error on the 360 that the codec isn’t supported.

One thing I do notice that I’m not sure if it’s relevant or not is there are 2 addition files created with the .avi now and if those are necessary, not sure the 360 is going to be able to read from them.

Extremely frustrating as this worked in older versions of DVDFab. Can somebody in support please direct me as to what to do to initiate a rip that will just create an .AVI exactly the way version 4.0.5.0 did?

Thanks.

[quote=kTheRipper;2183087]I just purchased the latest version of DVDFab 5. I had version 4 and when I chose the Generic format, it automatically created an AVI that I could stream to my 360’s without issues.

However, the new version defaults to an avi.H264 which doesn’t work. I’ve tried the avi.xvid.audiocopy option and still no go. Get error on the 360 that the codec isn’t supported.

One thing I do notice that I’m not sure if it’s relevant or not is there are 2 addition files created with the .avi now and if those are necessary, not sure the 360 is going to be able to read from them.

Extremely frustrating as this worked in older versions of DVDFab[B]. Can somebody in support please direct me as to what to do to initiate a rip that will just create an .AVI exactly the way version 4.0.5.0 did?[/B]

Thanks.[/quote]
We are not support but rather individuals like you who have purchased dvdfab and are nice enough to help others out who need help when needed. As for your problem did you use the [B]Xbox 360[/B] mobile option as that should work on it. Right now I waiting for my Xbox to arrive then I will be having some fun with it.

The person who writes the software used to answer questions on here, hence support. I asked for support so the thread wouldn’t get trashed and off topic on workarounds. This was somehting that did work and still should.

The xbox option creates a wmv file which takes forever.

Past that I have since tried the avi.xvid.mp3 option and looks as it’s working.

Support, please respond to this thread as if you do not monitor this site like you used to, I’ll go ahead and explore options for a refund.

Listing a link to support and then not providing for a product you charge for is misleading and is not a good practice. (Note, I’m not saying that is the case but if what the person who just responded is correct, then no thanks. I’d never purchased the product if there’s no support directly from the creator when you need it.

Thanks

Yes fengtao and Ting still monitor this site but it is mostly members and fellow users who help out on here. I’m sure when they are online they will post help for you but they are in Beijing and will not be on until late
[B]EDIT[/B] since you want help from them I will stop helping you and let them help you instead. Merry Christmas

hi,

Sorry for reply you late, because we are not always online, there are some other develop working. :slight_smile:

about your question.

I just purchased the latest version of DVDFab 5. I had version 4 and when I chose the Generic format, it automatically created an AVI that I could stream to my 360’s without issues.

In DVDFab V4, V5, all your using profile is avi.h264, audio is copy or others ?
If you using audiocopy, maybe it is the copy audio track reason,
Did you try to using the same source and the same profile to try it ?

Past that I have since tried the avi.xvid.mp3 option and looks as it’s working.

What your mean is this using this profile created file in V5 can be played by XBox360 ?

Thanks.

What I mean is the 360 can play AVI files. The 360 option takes forever to rip a file. The template in DVDFab which I choose and works is avi.xvid.mp3

If I rip to that format then it streams to the xbox 360.

[QUOTE=kTheRipper;2202323]What I mean is the 360 can play AVI files. The 360 option takes forever to rip a file. The template in DVDFab which I choose and works is avi.xvid.mp3

If I rip to that format then it streams to the xbox 360.[/QUOTE]Please check ot the Mobile forum, there is lots of good info over there includinging this thread:

http://club.cdfreaks.com/f163/dvdfab-5230-slow-xbox360-convert-262314/

kTheRipper,

Would you please share your exact template settings? I’ve tried every choice in the in the DVD to Mobile Generic Conversion settings and none will play on my Xbox 360

kTheRipper,

Would you please share your exact template settings? I’ve tried every choice in the in the DVD to Mobile Generic Conversion settings and none will play on my Xbox 360