Avi files

vbimport

To whom it may concern,

What is the best program to convert avi files to a regular dvd?
Does DVDFab do this?

Any help would be much appreciated.

Ray

I’m sticking my neck out here (not supposed to discuss other software in the DVDFab forum), but since DVD Fab doesn’t create DVDs, you need an authoring program. There are many free ones and a really good one is AVStoDVD

[QUOTE=iceman498;2550772]To whom it may concern,

What is the best program to convert avi files to a regular dvd?
Does DVDFab do this?

Any help would be much appreciated.

Ray[/QUOTE]

Hi Ray

You can use a free program called DVD Flick it is a program I use all the time it is very good, it also has the ability to increase the volume if the sound is low.

Since this is the DVDFab forum no help can be given on the program itself however if you have any trouble just post in the “Movie Copy Software” forum :wink:

[B]SJ[/B]

Yo olyteddy

I’ve never tried that program maybe I’ll give it a try myself :smiley:

[B]SJ[/B]

The best solution to watch avi movies with a standalone player is not to convert the avi into a video DVD, but get a standalone player able to read avi files.

Every time you run a conversion, you’ll get a quality loss. Standalone able to play avi are very common these days, and prices are not always ugly :slight_smile:

[QUOTE=geno888;2550828]The best solution to watch avi movies with a standalone player is not to convert the avi into a video DVD, but get a standalone player able to read avi files.

Every time you run a conversion, you’ll get a quality loss. Standalone able to play avi are very common these days, and prices are not always ugly :)[/QUOTE]

:iagree: quality is lost

I have a standalone that plays a few different formats, but had to give a suggestion for what the OP was asking :bigsmile:

DVDFlick is my suggestion too indeed :iagree:

Another one (not free but excellent) is ConvertX2DVD :slight_smile:

I also have a player that supports avi playback…That said, all mentioned proggies will/should work for the OP, just fine…
My [I]preferences[/I] are AVStoDVD, ConvertxtoDVD…But I also have DVDflick and would suggested it as well…
Can never have too many tools at your disposal eh!
Good luck!

Moving this thread to the movie copy software forum.

[B]SJ[/B]

AVS2DVD can use HCenc, generally called the best encoder as well as QuEnc if you’re in a hurry. I don’t convert a lot of stuff to DVD, just the occasional short feature to add to a movie so I haven’t tried the others.

Hey SJ,

Sorry I was unsure what forum my question was to be posted to. Thanks for movie my question to the correct forum.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Ray

I’d rate AVStoDVD slightly higher than DVDFlick, simply because it can use the HC encoder. There are others that can use HC though, like The Film Machine and MultiAVCHD (which[B] can[/B] output to standard def. dvd video).

AVStoDVD is still being developed, and the author posts over at videohelp.com quite often, so it is a good choice in my opinion. Menu creation is one of its weak points, as you don’t have that much flexibility with it, but it is no worse than DVDFlick in this regard.

[QUOTE=iceman498;2551298]Hey SJ,

Sorry I was unsure what forum my question was to be posted to. Thanks for moving my question to the correct forum.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Ray[/QUOTE]

Yo Ray

It is never an inconvenience to help :wink:

[B]SJ[/B]