hi , can anybody please tell me how to convert a avi file into a mpeg or dvd so i can copy to disc… roxio,nero and boilsoft avi conferter could not do the job but divex pro player, played the data perfect but i want to drop it into roxio dvd builder to put onto a disc this is probebly a stupid question but can somebody please explain or recomend a programme, thanks in advance all the best neal…
[EDIT] The Film Machine isn’t bad, very simple and it’s free.
You can use this wonderfull program:
download last free version here:
VSO DivxToDVD changes history
DivxToDVD 1.99.13 :
- fix a problem with more than 1 subtitle per title
DivxToDVD 1.99.12 :
- Fixed a crash when reading some subtitles files that left divxtodvd non-responsive
- Added definition of font/color/size/style on a per subtitle channel basis (select the subtitle channel in the tree and click once …)
- Fixed issue on subtitles color (Red and Blue component was exchanged)
- Fixed issue with word wrapping on long subtitle lines.
Version 1.99.11 - Major pre-release.
- Added subtitles support (srt format) - up to 32 subtitles channels, switchable on dvd
- Added language definition for all audio/subtitles tracks
- fixed engine issues for improved playability (smoother video, fixes audio problems, fixes timing (shaky video) problem, fixes chapters problem, …)
- improved preview window, now previewing up to 30 fps
- user interface totally redesigned, with full support of drag/drop operations and dockable panels
- integration of a burning engine based on VSO burning SDK
- Shareware - the trial version add a watermark on the video and run half the speed of the registered version
- Lot of settings added - min/avg/max bitrate, font for the subtitles, target size, include originals on dvd, burn after conversion, …
- minor changes, translation etc…
- last free version ( so keep it in a safe place )
- better support for DV files
- support new file formats
- engine updated
- translations updated
- fix the problem with AVAST
antivirus running ( AVCODEC can’t load )
DVDsanta. Reliable, good quality and easy to use.
thanks all for the help, ive been on me hols so sorry for slow reply