Avi files didn't convert to DVD

I used ConvertX to DVD which I have used many, many times. The files were 2 CD’s of one movie. When they were supposedly converted, and burned to a CD, they came out as VOB, IFO and BUP files. So now I have a new coaster and can’t view the movie? This was a big download (157 min.) and I would hate to have to convert it over again. What can I do if anything to be able to see the movie on a disk? :sad:

Check if it works first on your computer. Open the VOB files in Media Player Classic and if they do work try burning them in Imgburn instead. If you need help using Imgburn take a look here and here for DL.

[QUOTE=Wiskerluv;1917000]I used ConvertX to DVD which I have used many, many times. The files were 2 CD’s of one movie. When they were supposedly converted, and burned to a CD, they came out as VOB, IFO and BUP files. [/QUOTE]

You had two CD of files converted to DVD and burned on CD???
So what exactly did you do?
VOB, IFO, BUP are valid DVD files so like [I][B]Feena[/B][/I] say, try to ply them in your software player and if they play burn it to DVD.

No CD Uncle, I burned them to DVD but all I got when trying to play the movie was all those files…VOB, BUO, IFO.

[QUOTE=Wiskerluv;1917446]No CD Uncle, I burned them to DVD but all I got when trying to play the movie was all those files…VOB, BUO, IFO.[/QUOTE]
You need to burn them as dvd compliant not as data-run the files through Imgburn in build mode to make an ISO then burn the ISO you just generated and burn it with Imgburn. FEENA gave you the correct path in his post please give it a try.

Are those VOB’s,BUP’s and IFO’s that ConvertxtoDVD created in a VIDEO_TS folder? cuz if they are just use IMGBurn to burn,as was suggested before…As CDuncle stated,those are proper DVD files,if you can’t play them ,perhaps convertx didn’t do it’s job properly,or maybe you missed a step or two…

Thanks all…I will try imgburn for sure. I have used ConvertXtoDVD many many times so I know the settings. I forgot to mention that I tried ConverttoDVD again, and now get a message that movie is too large to convert. It’s 4.12 gigs. I used DVDShrink but I don’t actually have a DVD to shrink. I am so lost…