Avi file too big?

vbimport

I have the lateset version of Nero 7 Ultra Enhanced Edition … trying to burn avi movies tha ti downloaded from the internet, everytime when I tried to use Nero Vision to burn it, everything seems to be fine, setting is set to Auto fit to disc and doesn’t seem to be too big for the 4.7GB DVD disc, but always, in the middle of the burning process, it always tells me that the file is too big for the disc and asks me to insert another bigger disc, but it’s already set to Auto fit to disc, why am i having this problem? my brother used the same program and have no problems burning even two files on one disc, my file is the same size he has (about 695mb a file), what should I do? and if I tried to reduce the quality, the audio/video will be out of sync, i need help

Welcome to CD Freaks.

There seems to be a question mark over Fit To Disc in the latest version.

I’d always recommend NOT burning direct from NeroVision but create the folder/files & burn separately anyway. If you do this & it’s oversize yo can always compress with DVD Shrink to a DVD5 size.

but my DVD Shrink doesn’t take the avi files that I want to burn, DO i need to convert them to DVD files first? how? with Nero? Export to my comp ?

I was referring to compressing them after NeroVision has done it’s job & if the files produced are too big for a DVD5. Some will be OK some you might need to shrink.

I wonder if 2-pass would give better accuracy.

thx a lot, i’m assuming u meant to do what i was doing, use Nero “Fit to Disc” to burn avi files, but instead of burning to my dvd burner, I should burn it to my computer hard disk? (bec seriously, i have tried 10 diff avi files, none of them can fit on one disc which my brother could with an older version of Nero)

[QUOTE=nomad1201;1699845]but my DVD Shrink doesn’t take the avi files that I want to burn, DO i need to convert them to DVD files first? how? with Nero? Export to my comp ?[/QUOTE]

i dont understand what to do with my avi files in dvdshrink and nero i have nero 9 could you please help me