AVI file to DVD

I am new at this and not sure if I am in the right forum. I just down load some avi files and want to burn them to dvd so I can play them on a dvd stand alone player. How would I do this and what program do I need to do this. Thanks in advance :: paverman. P.S. if I am in the wrong forum please direct me to the right on Thanks

Hi there and be welcome!

It’s your lucky day, you picked the right forum! You started were we all once started, excellent choice. The answer to your question can be found in another part of our forums. Our mod Chickenman wrote some very good tutorials on how to do this in a good way; have a look here: http://club.cdfreaks.com/showthread.php?t=61142.

If you want to do it the fast and easy way, you could make use of a program like Nero vision express (comes with Nero nowadays). Although the workflow is a lot userfriendlier than many guides on the net, the results are never as good. If you’re new to the game however, I can understand a choice for such a program.
Do you have any burning suit installed on your system?

Take a look at www.videohelp.com. There are guides and tutorials and software available. One software tool that would work for you is AVI2DVD. There are many, and all have different abilities. It all depends on if you want to create a custom menu, add chapter points, if you want to do any editing. If you are just getting started, I would do a bit of reading at the website I listed. Then decide what you want to do from there.

What is the resolution of the avi files (example: 320x240 or 720x480) and what is the length of the avi files in minutes? If you have short 30min or less and the res is lower then you may want to make vcd or svcd instead.

If you want a quick and trouble free program to burn your movies to DVD you can always try VSO DVXTODVD it works well and is a 1 click solution to burn your AVI movies to DVD supports most formats

thanks for the help paverman