AVI Editing and Looping Questions

vbimport

I have a very short AVI file I captured with Snag-It. It consists of five images that repeat: 1-1-1-1-2-2-2-2-3-3-3-3-4-4-4-4-5-5-5-5-1-1-1-1 and so on. The Snag-It capture has several sets of the images. I want to be able to crop out only one set of the images, create a looping set of those images, and save it as a video that will loop regardless of the viewer.

In Snag-It, I can select the individual frames and save each of them as an image (jpg, gif, etc.) It doesn’t permit trimming of the video to get rid of the excess frames and it doesn’t loop. I need some software to either edit the avi to the selected frames or to put the series of individual images back together into a looping slideshow or video. It doesn’t have to be avi, but it needs to be viewer independent.

I found SolveigMM AVI Trimmer which allows me to trim the AVI based on time, not individual frames and the finished avi doesn’t loop. It’s not very accurate and it doesn’t do all that I want.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance.

Ray

I found a solution, in case anyone’s interested. I saved the five individual frames from the Snag-It avi as jpg files, then stumbled upon a site that lets you put five images into an animated gif that loops, and runs at whatever speed you select when creating the gif file. Pretty cool (good thing I only had five frames to deal with), but the gif is slightly darker than the original jpg’s. In case you’re interested, here’s the link: http://www.gifninja.com/CreateAGif.aspx

You might try Microsoft Gif Animator.