Avi - dvd question

Hi,

I downloaded some .avi’s. im looking to make a compilation on one dvd disk. The avi’s are approx 22 minutes long and are around 140mbit in size. I know how to change them to vob files ect (cheers for the guide chickenman!) but the problem is getting these onto the 1 dvd disk, I’ve got 8 episodes/avi’s but I can only fit 3 on a standard dvd using certain settings!

Anyone know how I can get more eps on a dvd? they are southpark episodes so the quality doesn’t have to be the highest. Am I doin it the wrong way? (using tmpg plus and auther software but have nero ect)

I have checked the forum and not really found anything relevant to this.

cheers
guys

Just use lower bit rates when encoding to DVD

Check out this bit rate calculator here

hi I have tried that using nreo and it wont let me go down past 3000!

I’ll need to have a play about with the other software i have and find out if they can let me reduce the size and quality.

Do u think it would be possible to get say 6 eps on a dvd to watch on my standalone and still have a fairly decent quality? or maybe even all 8?

thats for the help mate!

fiff

8 episodes at 22 mins each will mean the DVD would be nearly 3 hours long. To get this on one DVD would result in you setting the bitrate for video at 3100 kbit/s and audio at 192Kbit/s.

You should be able to encode at lower bit rates with TMPGENc Plus

Have you thought of putting 4 episodes over 2 discs? This will result in each of your Discs having the bit rates at 6500. This will retain the quality of your videos if they are good quality to begin with

hi,

4 per dvd would be ok. I’m sure the quiality of these is pretty good, I will have a look into it 2night using TMPGENc Plus.

I cant find anywhere that gives you a guide on how to set the bitrate with this though.

will keep looking aswell

cheers

fiff

You can decrease the bitrate & the resolution easily with TMPGEnc, use the unlocked template!
I’ve managed to transform all 24 Episodes of ENTERPRISE Season 3 to 3 Video-DVDs. Source was DivX 5.x & AC3 sound mainly.
No visible quality loss compared to the originals and every Ep is approx 45 mins long.
Ergo approx 360 min stuff on every DVD. :wink:

For what a guide?
Just use the Calculator & set the bitrate. :slight_smile: