Avi codecs

Ok time for the newbie dumb question,

Where and what is the best software to help wmp and get the avi codecs? i have one but it seems to cut the file in half, sayss the file is 1 sec long but then plays for the full episode,

The main problem is the fact that some of the files play but the rest sit there and look alien to wmp, anysoftware to help with that or do i just grim and bare it?

The best way is certainly to get rid of wmp :bigsmile:

Try to use VLC player (get it here): it’s free, it doesn’t need to install any codec, and actually you can use it as a portable software (i.e. no installation is needed: simply download the zip package and unpack the archive on any folder, also an USB pendrive).

btw, if you still want use wmp, usually it try to download all needed codecs automatically, Check if your firewall is blocking it preventing the automatic update :slight_smile:

as mentioned VLC is one good way to go, alternatively another router, if you want to stick with MS wmp is to use the classic player and install the K-Lite Mega Codec Pack, or try both to see which works best for you and which you like more

hmmm one tiny thing i forgot to mention, my internet is … not my own and mine is on vista (go figure, i like it) public accesss machine and it wont alow downloads.

Sorry about the new restrictions, i was just wondering if the patch thta i have is fully encoded, as i said it works for some but not others.

[quote=voradore;2044665]hmmm one tiny thing i forgot to mention, my internet is … not my own and mine is on vista (go figure, i like it) public accesss machine and it wont alow downloads.

Sorry about the new restrictions, i was just wondering if the patch thta i have is fully encoded, as i said it works for some but not others.[/quote]

OK, well can’t you download it on your Vista machine and burn it to cd or store it on a flash media, and then install it on the machine that is giving you the problems playing the file?

http://www.free-codecs.com/download/vista_codec_package.htm

it’s hard to fix wmp11

this looks like it will work thanks guys.

[QUOTE=voradore;2045382]this looks like it will work thanks guys.[/QUOTE]

Don’t forget to also check out http://www.cole2k.net/ they have some good codecs as well…