Avi burns to DVD but sounds like helicopter!

Hi all,
I hope someone might know about this…
I’ve downloaded several AVIs and Nero burned all to DVD with no problem, except this one.
The video is great, but the audio just sounds awful, the only way I can describe it is like a helicopter.
On the PC, the only thing where I play it and the audio is fine is in VLC Player. Everything else is that helicopter thing!
Any assistance greatly appreciated, ta!
:sad:

Are you converting to dvd-video in Nero Vision or are you burning straight to a disk as data?

Open the file on the dvd (and the original avi) with MediaInfo to find out the codec used in the audio. That may give us some clues to what is going wrong.

If you are converting to dvd video, you might try another conversion program for this particular avi file. Look at AVStoDVD, which is a free conversion program that I feel is superior in its output to Nero Vision. It can also be set up to burn automatically with a very fine, free, burning program called ImgBurn.

[QUOTE=vicshere;2304547]Hi all,
I hope someone might know about this…
[B]I’ve downloaded several AVIs[/B] and Nero burned all to DVD with no problem, except this one.
The video is great, [B]but the audio just sounds awful[/B], the only way I can describe it is like a helicopter.
On the PC, the only thing where I play it and the audio is fine is in VLC Player. Everything else is that helicopter thing!
Any assistance greatly appreciated, ta!
:sad:[/QUOTE]

You should start using REAL sources and itf this is © material then you have violated the forum rules already…

Thanks, Kerry, it was AC3. Managed to convert with Easy Avi, and it burned well once back in Nero.
It was a video of my band, and the only thing violated is my Mum’s ears.

[QUOTE=vicshere;2304759]Thanks, Kerry, it was AC3. Managed to convert with Easy Avi, and it burned well once back in Nero.
It was a video of my band, and the only thing violated is my Mum’s ears.[/QUOTE]

Then you could have posted that in the first post already…

'Scuse me, do you sit here as some self-appointed moral guidance expert?
If you don’t have anything helpful to say, apart from talking to people like we’re all criminals, my advice is to butt out.
This forum is for discussion, advice, to help each other, not to talk to people like they have been naughty little kids.
Do we have to start every thread with "Oh, by the way, nothing I used was stolen! Honest, guv’nor, it’s all straight down the line!"
Or can we come on and ask for help without some holier-than-thou … person … passing judgment on us?
Yes?
Excellent!
Now that is out of my system, we may continue.
With a fresh, pleasant attitude.
Yippee.
:flower:

[QUOTE=vicshere;2305406]'Scuse me, do you sit here as some self-appointed moral guidance expert?
If you don’t have anything helpful to say, apart from talking to people like we’re all criminals, my advice is to butt out.
This forum is for discussion, advice, to help each other, not to talk to people like they have been naughty little kids.
Do we have to start every thread with "Oh, by the way, nothing I used was stolen! Honest, guv’nor, it’s all straight down the line!"
Or can we come on and ask for help without some holier-than-thou … person … passing judgment on us?
Yes?
Excellent!
Now that is out of my system, we may continue.
With a fresh, pleasant attitude.
Yippee.
:flower:[/QUOTE]

STOP Bsh*tting, because you have nothing to say. /off

:flower: