AVG FREE not working

I updated AVG FREE this morning and it stopped internet explorer working and locked everything up, had to do a system restore to correct it, anyone else had a problem with it?..

Yo-

Give Microsoft Security Essentials a spin = a VERY good antivirus program and is also free-eh

[QUOTE=duncan30c;2582153]I updated AVG FREE this morning and it stopped internet explorer working and locked everything up, had to do a system restore to correct it, anyone else had a problem with it?..[/QUOTE]

You might want to go to AVG site as well and see if they have a fix or update to download as well.

I switched from AVG to Avira about a year ago. I like it better.
I used AVG for a long time before that. I never could get it to work with Vista’s Windows Mail.
Avira doesn’t scan e-mail . At least not as it’s received. With Vista neither did AVG.
I wish Avira had this feature & it worked.

I’ll also suggest giving Microsoft Security Essentials a try.

Its a full version and FREE, so no begging messages trying to get you to upgrade to the paid version.

AD

[QUOTE=AllanDeGroot;2582223]I’ll also suggest giving Microsoft Security Essentials a try.

Its a full version and FREE, so no begging messages trying to get you to upgrade to the paid version.

AD[/QUOTE]

There is a edit to kill the pop for Avira…all one has to do is search on yahoo or google and you will find it. I do that and have no problem with Avira.