http://forum.cdfreaks.com/misc.php?s=&action=showavatars

when i click the abouve link no avatars are shown.Is this some sort of fault on your side or mine?

Just upload your own, I guess there are no general avatars available.

how do some people make moving avatars

Originally posted by shuebhussain
how do some people make moving avatars

Animated gif files.
There are several programs you can use for this.

I used to know a whole lot of them, but now all that comes to mind is Gif Construction Set (Mindworks), but I haven’t heard from them in a long time.

There are more, from Ulead for example…

see here for loads of GIF software. I made my avatar with Animagic GIF, a very easy-to-use piece of software.

Which GIF software did you use Bob?

Originally posted by Crazy Bob
I made my avatar with Animagic GIF

Originally posted by shuebhussain
Which GIF software did you use Bob?
:confused: :slight_smile:

Check this:

http://www.gifworks.com/

Web-based GIF-tools. So you don’t need to install any software for manipulating GIF’s, just use this website.

:smiley:

type in avatars into a serch eng.U’ll find heps of site with pre made avatars.

Sorry to dig this old thread up from the grave but I have a question. I know alot of you have animated avatars, however, for some reason I am unable to see tem move. I see the avatar just not the motion or the animation. At school I could see them on this site, but at home I am unable to. I have Internet explorer 6 and winXP. Is there something I need to install?

In IE, choose Tools->Internet Options->Advanced
Under Mumtimedia tick “show animations” :slight_smile:

I dunno if I translated it right, but it should show if you tick that box :slight_smile:

The option is already checked. :frowning: Could it be the firewall?

i have win xp , sp1 and ie 6. i have left all the settings to default and i can see the avatars moving. i do have ms java virtual machine and Java 2 Runtime Environment installed if that would make a difference …

Originally posted by FlyingDutchman
The option is already checked. :frowning: Could it be the firewall?

Ad blocking software allows the user to disable animations. For example, AtGuard has this option under Web|Active Content|Miscellaneous (Make animated images non-repeating). You can specify for which sites this rule doesn’t apply, so that ad banners will be non-repeating, and for example GIFs from the CDFreaks site will be repeating.

[The option is already checked. :frowning: Could it be the firewall?

Yes, it could. In ZA this could be fixed like this :

Privacy -> Site list tab -> right click on www.cdfreaks.com -> Options -> and then untick Animation in Ad Blocking tab

Thanks for the help. I finally figured out that the firewall was the problem. I found that out when i accidentally uninstalled it and then visited this site and saw everything animated :slight_smile: Thanks for the tip BoSkin.

Thanks for the help. I finally figured out that the firewall was the problem. I found that out when i accidentally uninstalled it and then visited this site and saw everything animated :slight_smile: Thanks for the tip BoSkin.

That’s exactly how I once figured it out

And you’re welcome !

:wink: