vbimport

I cannot change my avatar. It will not even accept my old spinning disc. This leads me to belive the upload permissions on the server are wrong, as both pics are fully compliant with the width and size-rules.
When uploading from HDD I get the following error:

There has been an error in the upload. Please ensure that the file has been correctly selected and that the upload has taken place successfully.

When I upload to cdfreaks upload and link avatar from there I get

The uploaded file is not a valid GIF or JPG file. Please ensure that it is and try again.

According to Photoshop they are both very much valid gifs and jpegs (tried uploading both formats).
Admin plz!!! :wink:

Hmmm, you are right something is broken. I have no clue what happened. Working on it!

Good you got it fixed :slight_smile:

can i put an avatar under my authorship - like yours, pls advise how to do it?

have searched but the answer was in italian?

How do I get a picture under my username? [edit your options]
These small images are called Avatars. They are displayed below your username on all posts that you make. There are two kinds of avatars: those provided by the administrator and those that you upload yourself.

If the administrator has provided a set of avatars, and avatars are enabled, you may select an avatar that best describes your personality.

The administrator may also have enabled custom avatars, which allows you to upload an avatar image from your computer.

For more information about avatars, click here.

Avatars are small graphical images that you may choose in your profile. They are displayed below your username on all posts that you make. You can select the image that best describes yourself from your profile options.

Here’s the list of currently available avatars:

If you have more than 0 posts, you may also specify your own custom avatar.

Avatar is restricted to a maximum size of 64 pixels wide and 64 pixels heigh. The file size of an avatar is restricted to 25480 bytes.

You can create one and use the upload function in your profile settings as described above (as found in our standard help).

Hope this works for you

Hi IRS

thanks, I should have found that “edit option” button, and the “change avatar”

but i went there and it wouldnt let me un check the “use avatars NO” box, so i assume it wont load a custom avatar?:confused: :confused:

In that box you have first the Use avator box.
Below that you have the Custom avatars box.
When you select Use custom avatar, you have several options. Link to a file on a website or upload an avatar from your hard disk…

Let me know if this doesn’t work for you. PM me with a link to the avatar you would like to use and I’ll see what I can do for you.

Hi DT

Many thanks, my fisog is now on view. I think the glitch must have been fixed, as it went though straight away:p