Avatar still breaking home entertainment records

vbimport

I just posted the article Avatar still breaking home entertainment records.

Twentieth Century Fox announced on Sunday that 6.7 million copies of Avatar have been sold through the first four days of the movie’s release in the United States and Canada.

Read the full article here: [http://www.myce.com/news/avatar-still-breaking-home-entertainment-records-28952/](http://www.myce.com/news/avatar-still-breaking-home-entertainment-records-28952/)

Feel free to add your comments below. 

Please note that the reactions from the complete site will be synched below.

I heard its coming back to 3D IMAX this fall, possibly some kind of directors edtition or something was hinted at. I’d rather see it in 3D IMAX again then on my lame 42" plasma :wink:

So … they have technical issues with the 3D version … or they just want the maximum milk with minimum of moo … so they release the 2D version … and all the people that want the 3D version will either have to wait, or will more likely cave-in and buy the 2D version now and then the 3D version next year … thereby extracting the maximum amount of milk possible, while leaving the cow completely unsatisfied.

How’s this for some moo?

A leading torrent site, which was recently shut down, and then reopened, and then the sale to a legitimate mob fell through … lists no less than 10x 1080p BD-Rips of Avatar from different scene groups … the leader which (at time of writing) had 2299 seeds, and 23516 leeches … a quite respectable 10:1 ratio between leacers and seeders …

Bah humbug.

Mooooooooooooooooooo!

Here in OZ they rubbished the price to keep selling it - Avatar BlueRay cost here just $19. Avatar is a cheap success.

I recall Pirates of the Caribbean was sold here 6 month long for $50 before price started dropping.

Years ago, my wife bought me the Criterion version of Robocop. It cost her $80. Quite a premium for just two minutes of extra hardcore violence. My point is I’d rather pay $80 for 2 minutes of extra DVD footage than $25 for a Blu-ray movie. That’s how much I hate Sony. Sorry, folks, still bitter from that whole HD DVD/Blu-ray thing. Geez, I really gotta let it go.

[QUOTE=Millennium12;2513990]Here in OZ they rubbished the price to keep selling it - Avatar BlueRay cost here just $19. Avatar is a cheap success.

I recall Pirates of the Caribbean was sold here 6 month long for $50 before price started dropping.[/QUOTE]
Where?
I can find Avatar on DVD for $19 … the cheapest avatar on bluray is $25 - pre-purchase.

Apparently BigW may be extending the $24.96 / bluray special for a few days … then up the price to full price again.

It’s still too much for something that isn’t the final product :stuck_out_tongue:

Target is another cheap source

[QUOTE=Millennium12;2514164]Target is another cheap source[/QUOTE]
Target (online) lists avatar DVD for $20, and Bluray for $30 … on special until 4th May.
I guess BigW wins this round :wink:

In-store prices may be better than online?

[QUOTE=ivid;2513802]I heard its coming back to 3D IMAX this fall, possibly some kind of directors edtition or something was hinted at. I’d rather see it in 3D IMAX again then on my lame 42" plasma ;)[/QUOTE]

I think I also heard about this. I want to see it again in 3D IMAX, its an awesome experience. So much better than my home theater.

I paid 19 for the dual disk DVD/BD version at Target, could have gotten it for 16 if I added another movie I liked from a special selection for like 14 more.
They hope we’ll all rush out in September or whenever it is a buy the 3D version with a lot of extras for much more money I’m sure so they get your money twice:a
I think selling both copies in one package for 20 bucks is great, but making a super duper version months later is just taking advantage of folks.
I didn’t see the 3d version because I can’t see 3d so why waste my money so the only reason I will double dip is if it has enough extras to make it worth it.