Avatar smacks down Batman for one-day Blu-ray sales record

vbimport

I just posted the article Avatar smacks down Batman for one-day Blu-ray sales record.

It seems the Dark Knight has meet his match on Pandora.

Read the full article here: [http://www.myce.com/news/avatar-smacks-down-batman-for-one-day-blu-ray-sales-record-28878/](http://www.myce.com/news/avatar-smacks-down-batman-for-one-day-blu-ray-sales-record-28878/)

Feel free to add your comments below. 

Please note that the reactions from the complete site will be synched below.

Bought the Blu Ray 2 disc version at Best Buy. Was very pleased that the 2nd disc was the movie on standard DVD. Not “extras”. I would like to see this type of package more often. It’s a decent value for those who have both types of players. BTW, watching the movie in Blu Ray on 1080p was stunning. My family loved the movie.

[QUOTE=BitRate;2512558]Avatar sucks[/QUOTE]

Stop giving us the run-around and just say what you mean.

[QUOTE=greenplanet;2512588]Bought the Blu Ray 2 disc version at Best Buy. Was very pleased that the 2nd disc was the movie on standard DVD. Not “extras”. I would like to see this type of package more often. It’s a decent value for those who have both types of players. BTW, watching the movie in Blu Ray on 1080p was stunning. My family loved the movie.[/QUOTE]

Last weekend I saw a bunch of Blu-ray/DVD combos at Wal-mart for $10. Now I’m getting interested. All I need now is a new TV, a Blu-ray player, an HDMI cable… oh…

No thanks. I just want to see it in 3D on the big screen again. Luckily its still playing in my town. My 42" plasma ain’t worth it for this flick until I’ve seen it in huge 3D again. I for one was blown away by the 3D visual experience. Seeing it in 2D (I have seen several scenes…) only lets me focus more on the lame story

The good news is that there will be 3 BD versions of this film out this year alone, and a second theatrical release with added footage.

How do you spell “gouging”?

So it seems their trick to release the 3D version at a later date is working. Sell as many units as possible now, then sell as many units as possible of the 3D Blu-ray, probably to many people who already own the “standard” version.

[QUOTE=CDan;2512662]The good news is that there will be 3 BD versions of this film out this year alone, and a second theatrical release with added footage.

How do you spell “gouging”?[/QUOTE]

I’m not a fan of studios doing this. My response? I buy nothing.
Vote with your wallets, folks. This double-dipping has to stop.
I doubt I’ll even download it. Just an okay story.

[QUOTE=Blu-rayFreak;2512663]So it seems their trick to release the 3D version at a later date is working. Sell as many units as possible now, then sell as many units as possible of the 3D Blu-ray, probably to many people who already own the “standard” version.[/QUOTE]
Except that only about 6 people in the world will have 3D capable systems.

And I can’t see 3d anyways so they aren’t getting my money for the upgrade when it comes out and I didn’t pay extra to watch it in 3d at the Theater, whats the point for me.
I did run out and buy the movie at Target and was trying to get the extra 3 bucks off by buying another movie we have always liked but it wasn’t one of the eligible disks:sad:
I also like the fact that they are finally starting to include both version on separate disks, kinda like when HD DVD had the flipper disks that had each version depending on the side you played. And the prices are finally coming down to something reasonable for what your getting.

I watched it on my LCD Projector @100" inches. Some scenes didn’t look that “real”. I though they would have come a lot further than “Final Fantasy” type effects. It was pretty good, though 30 seconds into the movie and you know tet plot, except they never did how “Ripley” got there. Maybe there will be an “Aliens vs. Pandorans” soon. I don’t get into 3d because other stuff just seems so messed up. I wonder when they will start selling these movies on High Capacity SD cards. A dedicated HCSD player would be cheap and small, no moving parts. I see the death of Blue Ray.