Avatar director pleads with movie producers to embrace 3D

vbimport

I just posted the article Avatar director pleads with movie producers to embrace 3D.

Avatar director James Cameron is urging television producers to worry less about the cost of 3D production as the technology continues to show promise in theaters and living rooms in the United States.

Read the full article here: [http://www.myce.com/news/avatar-director-pleads-with-movie-producers-to-embrace-3d-29691/](http://www.myce.com/news/avatar-director-pleads-with-movie-producers-to-embrace-3d-29691/)

Feel free to add your comments below. 

Please note that the reactions from the complete site will be synched below.

If only Lucas would do the same thing, we could finally see sequals to the star wars series with the original characters being played by someone else, but looking as young and fresh as in the 70’s “navi” style. Of course 3D would make it spectacular.

I have read years ago that George was making star wars in 3D. Move on buddy…move on. How many times you gonna milk that cow?

I’m not sure if I buy the 3d home experience. Probably because I doubt the benefits of 3d on smaller home screens opposed to large theatre screens. I imagine at some point it’ll be built into all tv’s, so just as you can’t find an sdtv anymore, you probably won’t be able to find a tv that doesn’t support 3d in the future…

I do agree that if you want a 3d film, you need to film it in 3d. These after filming conversions into 3d don’t really look all that impressive.

Wiki says Avatar cost $237 million to make, not $300 million.

This is all a re-run of what took place in the `50’s. Several films done in the ploddy 3D way, several theatres carried the simple glasses and then pffffttttttt - nothing!

I see the same thing happening here. A bunch of hype, 1 mega-spectacular film and then what? Are we to be forced by the industry to view a simple movie in what THEY think is a neccessity? Until I see a major drop in all prices, in a word, bite me…

wait. the headline says the director of avatar is pleading with movie producers to embrace 3D, but the story focuses on 3D television programming. i don’t even watch TV, so i do wish the headline would have been correct.

Well duh. If they all use his 3d technology, he gets a nice profit.

[QUOTE=Mr. Belvedere;2518444]Well duh. If they all use his 3d technology, he gets a nice profit.[/QUOTE]

Well, he does need the money.

[QUOTE=DukeNukem;2518502]Well, he does need the money.[/QUOTE] Of course. You wouldn’t want him as a truck driver anymore.