Avast Protection program

vbimport

I have an HP laptop which I bought at the beginning of this year, it is installed with Avast Virus Protection. I have been informed that to continue using the ‘Mise à Jour’ feature I must renew or prove that I have a license, I don’t understand this situation as I think that all the software installed is automatically covered by the price that I paid for the laptop, I was not advised by the vender that a license for the software would have to be renewed, does this make sense?

All virus software has to be renewed once a year, unless you buy a 2 year plan.

There is a free version of Avast, check out there site.

Hi,[QUOTE=valerie.barras;2457274]I have an HP laptop which I bought at the beginning of this year, (…) I don’t understand this situation as I think that all the software installed is automatically covered by the price that I paid for the laptop, (…)[/QUOTE]Well, computer manufacturers love to stuff their computers with trial software.
yxz Antivirus (90 days)
abc Security (30 days)
MS Office Home & Student (60 days)
etc.
Not to mention some dubious toolbars and so on. Yes, they do that because they get money from the respective software companies.

Normally, the limitations of the bundled software should be stated somewhere, but unfortunately this information is often hard to find.

Michael

valerie.barras,

Right-click the Avast icon in the system tray and choose “about avast!..”

A window will open, scroll to the top line, if it says:
avast! version 4.8 Home Edition - Free Edition

You have the free version installed but the license has expired(no problem).
Re-registration is free.
Make sure you are connected to the internet while doing the following:
At the bottom of the “about avast!..” window click “License key…”

A new window will open (Registration) with a field for entering the license key.
Below the field, Click “Program registration…”

This will open your browser to the AVAST website registration page. You want to re-register. Just fill in the information on the form(using info from “about avast!..” if necessary and send it to AVAST.

You will receive an e-mail from AVAST in your inbox with the new license key.
Just copy and paste into the “Registration” window field and you are set to continue using AVAST for about another year.