Autorun window

I have an old dvdfab icon in the autorun select window from a previously removed version of dvdfab. It does not work to launch DVD Fab. How do I remove or point it to the new version? Thanks Dan

Hi EasyXjer
Welcome to CD Freaks :flower:
You have a PM[B]->[/B](Private Message)

Ok will run the uninstall and clean tonight. I used to live in Albany. Mom and younger brother and sister still there. Im in Pa.

Ok ran the clean up. Found the errant entry in the reg,removed all referances to DVDFAB and installed new version. Now I have the correct pointers in the auto start window. Thanks A bunch for the advice.

:cool: A little house cleaning does wonders some times :wink: and your very welcome :bigsmile:

Have a nice day :flower:

SJ

Am I going to have to clean the registry everytime? I got the auto notice of new upgrade to ver 6 told it to run and it installed but will not show up in the autorun window. It still shows ver 5

[QUOTE=EasyXjer;2285433]Am I going to have to clean the registry everytime? I got the auto notice of new upgrade to ver 6 told it to run and it installed but will not show up in the autorun window. It still shows ver 5[/QUOTE]

This isn’t too hard. On your desktop, go to the v5 icon and right-click it. In the list of options that comes up, select ‘delete’, and confirm it.

Then, open Windows Explorer. go to your ‘Program Files’ directory, and look down it to DVDFab 6 - open that folder, and look for the DVDFab.exe file (will have the same icon, if you’re using that view option, as your desk icon had). Right click on it, select ‘make shortcut’ from the drop-down menu, then drag and drop it to your desktop.

Close Explorer, then with your mouse cursor anywhere except on an icon, right click it, and select your desired sort method for the icons, click on it, and enjoy the new pointer to DVDFab v6.

OC

:slight_smile:

[QUOTE=OCanada;2285495]This isn’t too hard. On your desktop, go to the v5 icon and right-click it. In the list of options that comes up, select ‘delete’, and confirm it.

Then, open Windows Explorer. go to your ‘Program Files’ directory, and look down it to DVDFab 6 - open that folder, and look for the DVDFab.exe file (will have the same icon, if you’re using that view option, as your desk icon had). Right click on it, select ‘make shortcut’ from the drop-down menu, then drag and drop it to your desktop.

Close Explorer, then with your mouse cursor anywhere except on an icon, right click it, and select your desired sort method for the icons, click on it, and enjoy the new pointer to DVDFab v6.

OC

:)[/QUOTE]

The OP may be talking about the autoplay handler when a disc is inserted into the drive and you are given choices on which program to use :slight_smile: but I could be wrong :confused:

[QUOTE=StormJumper;2285501]The OP may be talking about the autoplay handler when a disc is inserted into the drive and you are given choices on which program to use :slight_smile: but I could be wrong :confused:[/QUOTE]

You’re probably right…I sorta assumed he was referring to the desktop.

For the auto play handler, if he has two versions of Fab on his system, as he gave no indication of removing v5 before he installed v6, then the auto play option will only show v5 as an option for auto-start.

He’ll have to un-install v5 to get v6 to show up for auto-start purposes.

OC

:slight_smile:

[QUOTE=OCanada;2285604]You’re probably right…I sorta assumed he was referring to the desktop.

For the auto play handler, if he has two versions of Fab on his system, as he gave no indication of removing v5 before he installed v6, then the auto play option will only show v5 as an option for auto-start.

He’ll have to un-install v5 to get v6 to show up for auto-start purposes.

OC

:)[/QUOTE]

:wink: