Autoplay problems with my DVD burner

Specs:
Athlon XP 2500+ Barton
Shuttle AN35N Mobo
TSSTcorp CD/DVDW SH-S162L drive
Radeon X800 256mb AGP
2 80gb IDE drives

I bought the SH-S162L a couple of months back but it's not on my primary PC. It's mainly used for making copies of DVDs and watching a movie or two every other day. It has no other uses aside from grabbing some files off of a dvd/cd-r every now and then or installing a game. A couple of days ago it started acting weird and it wouldnt autoplay any cd-r's or dvd-r's that I've been using with the burner since I purchased it (memorex dvd-r's and TDK cd-r's). Even if I go into My Computer and drag files into the burner manually to use the default Window's burning program it gives me errors that it can't burn to the cd. However, it burns DVDs fine using CloneDVD and it burns music CDs just fine using itunes.

I tried using Microsoft’s autoplay fixer but it just gives me errors once I try to fix the problem it finds after the test, saying that there is either a problem with my hardware or the program couldn’t fix the problem.

Thanks for any help.

Bump.

I can even burn data discs using nero but still get the problem when using the Window’s default burning program.