Autoplay not working!

For some unknown reason the Autoplay option is gone. I uninstalled everything i installed before the problem and still nothing and when i uninstall something, a message comes up saying “Please stop Program Manager”. This has never happened before this problem. Ive been to the Microsoft site and got Tweak/UI, done the reg thing and still nothing. The problem is still there. HELP!!

[QUOTE=PC_Head;2197732]For some unknown reason the Autoplay option is gone. I uninstalled everything i installed before the problem and still nothing and when i uninstall something, a message comes up saying “Please stop Program Manager”. This has never happened before this problem. Ive been to the Microsoft site and got Tweak/UI, done the reg thing and still nothing. The problem is still there. HELP!![/QUOTE]

This link should help you restore autoplay in xp

http://club.cdfreaks.com/f34/autoplay-not-working-xp-256782/

Thanx coolcolors but no luck, yet. What used to happen when i put in a cd was the autoplay box came up. You know the one, it has some if not all the installed options, i.e winamp in it. You scroll down to what you want the cd to open with and bingo. It opens with that selected program. So what is happening now is opening up a screen for that drive only. This is what it looks like now: (see attachment). I have never seen this box before. As you may see, they are the songs on the cd and even if i right click open, they wont play. If all else fails, do you think a repair install would fix this problem? Thanx.

Prior to having this autoplay issues did you install or do any changes to your autoplay feature and or when did this problem start happening? Was there a software install proceeding this problem? That screen there seems like that is what it should show but I have to go home and give that a test and see if I get that same screen not the same items but screen display result. Only thing I can say is if you click on them and nothing happened could be a icon but no data to go with it like the icon is there but the properties show 0k bytes. So I am assuming that screen opened after you said run with winamp? Try to open those files in WMP assuming they contain music data to play then we can see if the music data is ok. If winamp is always doing that I would after you saved your registration or serial uninstall it and delete the winamp folder if winamp didn’t already do it, restart and reinstall winamp.

Hi,

you might try the Autoplay Repair Wizard from MS Download Center (Win XP).

Michael

Michael, tried that Autoplay Repair. No Luck! But thank you all the same. Coolcolors, yeah uninstalled All the programs i install as you suggested with no luck. So after trying for hours on end, i gave up. RepairInstall did the trick. I dont know what caused it nore where it started but it is now gone. YeaHa!! I thank you both for your time and suggestions. The problem is solved. The Autoplay feature is working and im happy, again. Groovy Groovy.

That’s good to know…since you rebooted that would’ve been my last resort to tell you to do that…but make sure to inform us in the future if you find out what caused that problem unless it was a simple mistake…but good to know it’s all working now. Just make sure in the future install that when you do install programs that use auto play that you don’t check the box to use it automatically … which I think it might’ve have done…that way you can pick which program to run your extension…

[QUOTE=coolcolors;2198601]That’s good to know…since you rebooted that would’ve been my last resort to tell you to do that…but make sure to inform us in the future if you find out what caused that problem unless it was a simple mistake…but good to know it’s all working now. Just make sure in the future install that when you do install programs that use auto play that you don’t check the box to use it automatically … which I think it might’ve have done…that way you can pick which program to run your extension…[/QUOTE]

Thanx. Ill let you know if i work it out. There was 1 thing i did which may or may not have caused the issue, that was i changed the ‘Start’ button title. I Will Not Be Doing That Again!! I dont even want to find out if that was the cause of it. Anyway, thanx again and all the best. :cool: