Autoplay .. is it on or not!

I’ve been trying to get Delta Force Black Hawk Down to copy. It’s the one that I’ve not been able to achieve.

I’ve learned it will only play in the CD-Rom (Burner) that it was installed with. Maybe some knew this, I did not.

I have downloaded Autoplay 4 and it comes with the install and uninstall feature. The disk will play if autoplay is installed or uninstalled in my LiteOn burner. So I’d think I have succeeded in getting a working copy without Autoplay. That is IF autoplay is not actually running. It seems to be a big secrete that no one will tell. There has to be some place on a computer that shows it is active. I’ve been told because BW5 says;
“11/10/2003 10:54:27 PM info Autoplay driver active. Version 4” during the burning process in the log that it’s active. But if I uninstalled it and rebooted, then read and burnt the disk is it active or not ?? Does BW5 activate it on boot up of it’s self ???

I made this copy with the default settings in BW5’s latest version 5.0.2.113 … Max speed in reading - Top done at 8x - max write. So slowing down read - top - write isn’t important to me it seems. Cheap disk too.

Any way this SecuROM v4.84.69.0037 and v4.85.00.0227 has worked here with BW5 default settings. Now Is Autoplay on or not !! I’m still a bit puzzeled with DFBHD only playing from the drive it was installed with when NASCAR 2003 Season and is v4.85.00.0227 (patched) playes in any drive any time.

Tommorrw I’ll try another protection … but for now I’m going to bed. :confused:

yes i have axed the same question but why tell where the secret location is…then it will be blacklisted!!!

#1: If you installed BW4 or 5 then the autoplay is already installed, it is installed with the App. itself.
#2: The standalone autoplay is to use on a system that does not have BlindWrite installed on.
#3: The best way to see if autoplay is installed and working properly is to take a safedisk title and try to play it in a cdrw if it plays then autoplay is installed and working properly, if it does not play in the cdrw chances are that autoplay may not be installed properly.
#4: If using anything but a plextor premium to burn SecuRom 4.84 or above you will always have to use autoplay since the information has to be added to the cd in some way, the plextor using gigarec is able to handle this without autoplay being installed on the system you intend to use the back-up on.
#5: For safedisc titles autoplay only needs to be installed if the system you are going to play it in uses only a cdrw, if you use a cd-rom then you shouldn’t need auto-play installed on that system.
IMPORTANT: Keep in mind none of this stuff I just wrote isn’t going to do any good without having the proper hardware to do the job right on the first place.

Fix for DFBHD from their site:
PROBLEM:
“Single Player” and “Multiplayer” are grayed out in the main menu.

RESOLUTION:
Your computer isn’t recognizing your Delta Force - Black Hawk Down CD.
Check the following before playing:

1. Make sure the CD is in the CD-rom drive.
  2. Check the ASSETS.CD file in your Delta Force - Black Hawk Down folder. Open the cd file with Notepad. Make sure the letter found in that file corresponds with your CD-rom drive letter. If not, type in the appropriate letter.

There was more, but this is to the point.

The best way to look at topology is Take the BWA builder and create a BWA at different speeds, see for yourself. as far as reading and writing goes max is ok for securom. Safedisc on the other hand the slower the extraction the better, unless again your hardware is up to the task.

It’s not a secret, it’s just one of those things that is.

Originally posted by kamikazee
It’s not a secret, it’s just one of those things that is. [/B]

hehe … thanks for the replay. You ansered my question … I think :confused:

#the plextor using gigarec is able to handle this without autoplay being installed on the system you intend to use the back-up on.

@kama actually it uses vararec but your other points are valid.

@ everyone unless you use the tweaker your always going to get autoplay on your disk image…its not a big deal though as ive gotten autoplay burns to work fine on non autoplay computers (using ccdtray for example) IF your copy is good enough. IF not you will need autoplay to make the disk work properly. it doesnt just hide cdr it does other things if you copy is not a good 1:1 backup or cannot be becuase your using securerom and a non premium drive to back it up on.

best way to see if your backup is good or not is to try it on a non autoplay computer cdrw drive (using ccdtray to hide cdr for example). if it plays you got a good burn if not your gonna need autoplay or reburn it with better media and/or slower write speeds and/or better cd writer to burn with.

also if you use the premium, the vararec method produces a backup that will work without autoplay or hide cdr in any drive (ive tested this).

Is autoplay always running in the background or does the BW app have to running to enable it ? TIA.

Originally posted by pat8
Is autoplay always running in the background or does the BW app have to running to enable it ? TIA.

its always running if you have bw installed or the autoplay standalone installed. you have to reboot after you install it after that its running.

Originally posted by Jamos
[B]@kama actually it uses vararec but your other points are valid.

@ everyone unless you use the tweaker your always going to get autoplay on your disk image…its not a big deal though as ive gotten autoplay burns to work fine on non autoplay computers (using ccdtray for example) IF your copy is good enough. IF not you will need autoplay to make the disk work properly. it doesnt just hide cdr it does other things if you copy is not a good 1:1 backup or cannot be becuase your using securerom and a non premium drive to back it up on.

best way to see if your backup is good or not is to try it on a non autoplay computer cdrw drive (using ccdtray to hide cdr for example). if it plays you got a good burn if not your gonna need autoplay or reburn it with better media and/or slower write speeds and/or better cd writer to burn with.

also if you use the premium, the vararec method produces a backup that will work without autoplay or hide cdr in any drive (ive tested this). [/B]

Pretty much had all that figured out. I was going to write, don’t know why I didn’t, but the point to the default settings was it should work as designed first and it wasn’t for me. I had many problems with the machine resetting to PMI mode and bad disk. Now that I have that cleared up and the program works as intended I plan to start with the tweaker. I plan to be able to burn the titles I’ve been messing with and run them on a non-autoplay machine with about any drive. I’m betting I can do it with this LiteON just as I’ve been able to do in the past. If Not I have good old 4.2.5 … should be fun as well frustrating getting it to work :cool:

Will start messing with Call of Duty Safedisc 3.10.020 tonight – tomorrow. Already made a good copy with 4.2.5 … plays in anything - anywhere I put it in.

@Jamos

i think its gigarec,
you know because of the density between sectors

Originally posted by Jamos
its always running if you have bw installed or the autoplay standalone installed. you have to reboot after you install it after that its running.

So, with BW5 installed it is always on even if one hits uninstall with Autoplay 4 installer ?? Am I reading this right … sorry for the broken record … just a thick head here some times.

no
if you install bw5, then use autoplay installer to uninstall autoplay, you’ll have uninstalled autoplay
but if you install bw5 again, you’ll get it again

Originally posted by genjai
i think its gigarec,
you know because of the density between sectors

Sure is GigaRec; VariRec makes personal AudioCD.

Sorry for the newbie question, but what does autoplay do ? Is it like CloneCDs hide cdr or does it do more in the playback mode ?

Have multiple CDR apps on my computer and when I’m testing backups (made w/ CloneCD, etc) want to make sure they will work on all drives, not just computers that have autoplay installed. Thanks.

Originally posted by genjai
[B]@Jamos

i think its gigarec,
you know because of the density between sectors [/B]

ok but in my log is says
Media topology will be reproduced by Varirate

Originally posted by Dufroise
Sure is GigaRec; VariRec makes personal AudioCD.
i meant varirate…

Originally posted by Portmac
For those who have ever wondered how BlindWrite works with the Plex Premium to backup SecuRom 4.8+ read below.

Originally posted by Portmac
[B]It was discovered on a beta firmware of this drive that the speed of the motor could be locally adjusted during the write. This was made possible because Plextor, for some techniques used in the premium needed to generate speed synchro totally decorrelated to the media.

Usually, the speed of writing is finely adjusted with an information that exists on the writable media, called ATIP - this information is a wobble signal that sync in the motor. On the premium, when you set the speed to *4, and you use Gigarec, the atip is no longer used by the drive, so it’s possible to vary locally the speed, thus it affect the density of the sectors.

Also, you can extract a new .BWA file from the copy made with Plextor Premium and BlindWrite 4.5.3 and above (also BlindWrite5). If the Twinpeak method were used this would not be possible.
[/B]

your right i meant gigarec not varirec…im confused:confused:

Originally posted by pat8
Sorry for the newbie question, but what does autoplay do ? Is it like CloneCDs hide cdr or does it do more in the playback mode ?

Yeah, autoplay’s only function is to hide atip, AFAIK.

Yeah, autoplay’s only function is to hide atip, AFAIK.
No it’s not, it is a special set of drivers used for a couple of different purposes, hiding the atip being only one of them

No it’s not, it is a special set of drivers used for a couple of different purposes, hiding the atip being only one of them

I can definately verify that autoplay does alot more than just hide atip.:wink:

even if you dont use it on all of your computers you prolly should still burn your image with it as it doesnt hurt anything…persons turning it off on the burn really dont gain anything that i can see other than to boast that they have a true 1:1 copy and only findout that thier copy doesnt work on some obscure drive because they didnt burn the image with autoplay enabled.