AutoPlay for Vista x64

Im running Vista Ultimate x64 and DVDFab’s autoplay handler created on the install does not show up. Maybe in the next build the staff will fix this problem for us 64-bit users. In the mean time here is a manual “registry edit” to add DVDFab to the AutoPlay list when you pop a dvd in.

Click Start, type REGEDIT then hit Enter:

Go to:
HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Expl orer\AutoplayHandlers\EventHandlers\PlayDVDMovieOnArrival

Right click on PlayDVDMovieOnArrival and select New, String Value and name the new value: DVDFabPlatinum

Next go to:
HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\AutoplayHandlers\Handlers

Right click on the Handlers sub-key and select New, Key and name the new key: DVDFabPlatinum

Highlight the DVDFabPlatinum key you just created.

For the following actions, right click in the right pane and select New, and then select the value type indicated:

String Value. Name it Action. Double click Action and enter a descriptive name like Copy/Convert/Burn or whatever you like.

Expandable String value. Name it DefaultIcon. Double click this entry and enter:

C:\Program Files (x86)\DVDFab Platinum 4\DVDFabPlatinum.exe

String Value. Name it InvokeProgID. Double click this entry and enter: DVDFabPlatinumOpen

String Value. Name it InvokeVerb. Double click and enter: open

String value. Name it Provider. Double click and enter the program’s name, example: DVDFab Platinum- The Ultimate DVD Software!

Still in Regedit, go to HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT. Right click on this branch and select New, Key and name the new key: DVDFabPlatinumOpen

Double click the Default value and enter the program name. Example: DVDFab Platinum

Right click on the DVDFabPlatinumOpen key and select New, Key and name the new key: DefaultIcon

Highlight the DefaultIcon key and enter the full path and file name of your DVD program followed by ,1

Example: C:\Program Files (x86)\DVDFab Platinum 4\DVDFabPlatinum.exe,1

Right click on the DVDFabPlatinumOpen key and select New, Key and name the new key: shell

Right click on the shell key and select New, Key and name this key: open

Right click on the open key and select New, Key and name this key: command

Double click the Default value in the command key and enter the full path and file name of your DVD program.

Example: C:\Program Files (x86)\DVDFab Platinum 4\DVDFabPlatinum.exe

Now you can file>exit.

Click Start (Windows Logo)
click Default Programs.
Click Change AutoPlay settings.
Check “DVD movie” for DVDFab.
All done! :clap:

ECSJR

Thanks!

Your welcome. Questions just ask. Ill try to help.

How do you like Vista 64? Am I missing out on something? I have a new dual-core that came pre-loaded with the 32 bit version. I just noticed today that the new HP AMD Quadcores are shipping with Vista 64. I’d be curious to see if it was faster (with DVDFab).

I was worried about driver support - Any issues there?

[QUOTE=shootsbooz;2021534]How do you like Vista 64? Am I missing out on something? I have a new dual-core that came pre-loaded with the 32 bit version. I just noticed today that the new HP AMD Quadcores are shipping with Vista 64. I’d be curious to see if it was faster (with DVDFab).

I was worried about driver support - Any issues there?[/QUOTE]

Im enjoying it. Not struggling at all. However before upgrading I did double check all my hardware to make sure I had full driver support. As for apps/programs checkout my post here: http://www.planetamd64.com/index.php?showtopic=30090&st=20#entry331911 its also on my signature. If you have questions email me. Im not sure if we can discuss non dvdfab topics in this forum. Besides I can give more detailed help via email.

2 sites to help x86 users clarify x64:
http://www.start64.com
http://www.planetamd64.com

Cheers! Very helpful and it works. One can even export the new registry entries, in case a reinstall of Vista is needed.

thanks!

This worked great for another program I use that wasn’t showing up, THX.

One question. Now that I’ve done all the work and got things working is there an easy way to create a reg file of all the changes so if in the future I need to reinstall Vista I can have a simple reg file to add all the info back again instead of having to manually doing everything?

[QUOTE=TheBratboy;2253788]This worked great for another program I use that wasn’t showing up, THX.

One question. Now that I’ve done all the work and got things working is there an easy way to create a reg file of all the changes so if in the future I need to reinstall Vista I can have a simple reg file to add all the info back again instead of having to manually doing everything?[/QUOTE]

Just right-click on the specific programs regedit folder that you want and select “export” save the file and its as simple as that.

Hi ECSJR,

Thank you very much!

We will integrate it into DVDFab asap.

Best Regards,
Fengtao

[QUOTE=fengtao;2292060]Hi ECSJR,

Thank you very much!

We will integrate it into DVDFab asap.

Best Regards,
Fengtao[/QUOTE]

No problem, this site is blessed with great support. Just trying to make an effort and contribute.