AUtomatic Updating

vbimport

The prior version of DVD Fab Platinum would automatically check for updates and notify me of the availability of new ones almost each day that I started the program. Now, even though I have “Check for new version automatically” checked, I am never notified of updates. My present version is 5.0.3.0. Even when I hit “Check Now”, no update is reported. How do I resolve the problem?

Please update manually to the latest version (5.0.6.0), the automatic update should work with the latest version again.

The automatic update has never worked since I uipdated to version 5. Is the problem I’m complaining about a known problem?

I just come here to update. You will never see the beta’s if you don’t. And even since i bought DVDFab Plat v3 i’ve never set it to auto update.

AFAIK there have been one or two versions with a defective update notification system - but I really don’t if this was your version (5.0.3.0)…

EDIT: As Bob says, it will only notify you when a new stable version is out!

I always receive an email when a new version is released. and never have dvdfab check automatically as I always check the forum for the beta’s. [B]Try the latest update and wait for the next update to see if the check for updates is fixed.[/B]

[QUOTE=AGJG;2095009]I always receive an email when a new version is released. .[/B][/QUOTE]

Now this is the first I have heard of this who sends you the email :confused:

sorry it not dvfab that sends email it another 3rd party proggy that emails me about the updates.

[QUOTE=AGJG;2095112]sorry it not dvfab that sends email it another 3rd party proggy that emails me about the updates.[/QUOTE]

Oh I knew it wasn’t DVDFab that sends you the email, I have a proggy that lets me know when there is an update to any of the software or hardware that I have on both my rigs …just never heard of one doing it by email.
Have a nice day :flower:

Hi,

There was a problem with auto update in DVDFab 5.x, please update to the latest version from our website, and it should work in the future.

http://www.dvdfab.com/download.htm

Best Regards,
Fengtao

When I click on check for newer version using any of version of 5 it just freezes
up and I have to use ctr-alt-delete to shut it down and it still does it even with
5.0.6.0. It has never done an automatic check for a newer version on its own
not since I moved to version 5. :disagree:

On every stable version 5 released, I have automatically updated. I think only 1 version had problems.

And everytime I did automatically updated, I found that the version seems to have minor issues. (ie:- non-stop analysing of DVD, DVDFAB hang, Burn problems).

However, if I uninstall the older version & clean registry and install a new version, (without updating) the problems disappears!!!

I bet most issues can be solved this way.

Chow

I’ll bet it’s VISTA

[QUOTE=GregiBoy;2095382]I’ll bet it’s VISTA[/QUOTE]

Nope no :Z Vista :Z on my end I’m still running XP PRO SP2