Autocad 2007

Hello there.
I just lost my job company closed the doors. I have went to Clackamas community collage taking Autocad 2000. I’m looking for Autocad 2007 U.S. Fulling working version with serial and cad key and aurth. code. I can afford to
pay that much now. I us Autocad to design furinture personal us only.

Thank You for any Help with is

:cop:

[QUOTE=Sqnails4p;2271984]Hello there.
I just lost my job company closed the doors. I have went to Clackamas community collage taking Autocad 2000. I’m looking for Autocad 2007 U.S. Fulling working version with serial and cad key and aurth. code. I can afford to
pay that much now. I us Autocad to design furinture personal us only.

Thank You for any Help with is[/QUOTE]
Sorry to hear about your job.
As you know, AutoCad is quite expensive so maybe TurboCad, which is much less expensive would do the job for you.
Free trial :
http://www.turbocad.com/
Version 16 is the latest but you may be able to find 14 or 15 on special at Newegg or similar.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/ProductReview.aspx?Item=N82E16832309045

JF
Vancouver, WA

Thank you for the information.

But I’m more use to autocad . I have a version of autocad 2007 seem to be a network version and I don’t know how to change it to a standalone version.

It sounds like you are requesting an illegal download, which is against forum rules. I may be wrong and you are looking for a good deal for a legitimate purchase.

I will leave this open, giving you the benefit of the doubt, but please respect CD Freaks by respecting our rules.

With many engineering firms downsizing you might be able to buy a used copy of the software from one of them. Also, there isn’t much that the 2007 version does that earlier versions can’t do also. You can also look into buying the LT versions as they are less expensive but have reduced functionality.

I would not even consider buying a used copy of Autocad because Autodesk will not authorize your used copy and you will be out your money with no recourse…
For what you need, pick up the cheapest version of Turbocad and call it good…

QUOTE=pipemanid;2272708
For what you need, pick up the cheapest version of Turbocad and call it good…[/QUOTE]Here in Germany, older versions of Turbocad were given away for free on add-on CDs of some computer magazines :slight_smile:

Michael

[QUOTE=pipemanid;2272708]I would not even consider buying a used copy of Autocad because Autodesk will not authorize your used copy and you will be out your money with no recourse…
For what you need, pick up the cheapest version of Turbocad and call it good…[/QUOTE]

Have you ever heard of the “[I][B]Timothy S. Vernor v. Autodesk Inc.[/B][/I]” court decision? It involves the [B]First-Sale Doctrine[/B] and how it applies to selling previously owned copyrighted material. Basically, it allows the sell of used copyrighted material such as books, paintings, SOFTWARE etc. as long as an additional copy is not being made for the transaction. Tim Vernor is an ebay seller that was strong armed by Autodesk and instead of withering away he took them to court and WON his case and now ANYONE can legally resell legitimate copies of Autocad on ebay, in a yard sale or anywhere else for that matter. Just because Autodesk says something in their EULA doesn’t make it legal. Here’s a link: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/First-sale_doctrine There are plenty of others if you do a Google search on the topic.

The bottom line is the OP can buy, and utilize, a used version of Autocad as long as it started life as a legitimate copy from an authorized Autocad reseller. This not only applies to AutoCAD but any software as there have been the same rulings related to court cases involving other software companies.

[QUOTE=mciahel;2272711]Here in Germany, older versions of Turbocad were given away for free on add-on CDs of some computer magazines :slight_smile:

Michael[/QUOTE]

Another one was IntelliCAD. It went open source and is/was used by the CE software company Eagle Point.

[QUOTE=UTR;2272767]Have you ever heard of the “[I][B]Timothy S. Vernor v. Autodesk Inc.[/B][/I]” court decision? It involves the [B]First-Sale Doctrine[/B] and how it applies to selling previously owned copyrighted material. Basically, it allows the sell of used copyrighted material such as books, paintings, SOFTWARE etc. as long as an additional copy is not being made for the transaction. Tim Vernor is an ebay seller that was strong armed by Autodesk and instead of withering away he took them to court and WON his case and now ANYONE can legally resell legitimate copies of Autocad on ebay, in a yard sale or anywhere else for that matter. Just because Autodesk says something in their EULA doesn’t make it legal. Here’s a link: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/First-sale_doctrine There are plenty of others if you do a Google search on the topic. The bottom line is the OP can buy a used version of Autocad as long as it started life as a legitimate copy from an authorized Autocad reseller.[/QUOTE]

I’m familiar with the court decision and also that Autodesk appealed that very decision…End result is that they won’t authorize any used copy…Period…

[QUOTE=pipemanid;2272769]I’m familiar with the court decision and also that Autodesk appealed that very decision…End result is that they won’t authorize any used copy…Period…[/QUOTE]

It doesn’t matter if they don’t authorize it. Using a used copy of their software doesn’t require them to authorize it and the fact they don’t authorize it doesn’t make the end user a criminal. Did Autodesk win their appeal?

[QUOTE=UTR;2272772]It doesn’t matter if they don’t authorize it. Using a used copy of their software doesn’t require them to authorize it and the fact they don’t authorize it doesn’t make the end user a criminal. Did Autodesk win their appeal?[/QUOTE]

Without authorization it will cease to function…
I have 2 copies of ACAD 2000 and both required authorization…
I also have MicroStation and it also requires authorization…

They’ll continue to appeal until the cows come home…
As long as the appeal process is ongoing things remain the same…

[QUOTE=pipemanid;2272777]Without authorization it will cease to function…
I have 2 copies of ACAD 2000 and both required authorization…
I also have MicroStation and it also requires authorization…[/QUOTE]

You don’t use the same versions of AutoCAD that I use. If the user has the proper licensing codes from the initial installation, it will function normally. I have reinstalled my copies of Autocad this way for years when switching to updated hardware and/or OSs without one need to contact Autodesk/Softdesk etc.

[QUOTE=pipemanid;2272777]They’ll continue to appeal until the cows come home… As long as the appeal process is ongoing things remain the same…[/QUOTE]

I think the cows came home on May 20, 2008. Checkout this link: http://www.citizen.org/documents/vernororder.pdf

[QUOTE=UTR;2272782]…I think the cows came home on May 20, 2008. Checkout this link: http://www.citizen.org/documents/vernororder.pdf[/QUOTE]

The appeals process is still in progress and will continue as long as Autodesk has the will, and funds, to continue…

Note: All newer versions of Autocad require authorization and the copies being sold in your reference did not come with the authorization code…Without this code the copies will cease to function…

[QUOTE=pipemanid;2272792]The appeals process is still in progress and will continue as long as Autodesk has the will, and funds, to continue…

Note: All newer versions of Autocad require authorization and the copies being sold in your reference did not come with the authorization code…Without this code the copies will cease to function…[/QUOTE]

If the codes were written down and used they will function. As for the appeals process, with the number of other cases backing up the ruling in the Autodesk case the law is all but settled. If you don’t believe me then do a quick search on ebay using [I]Autodesk[/I]. I just did and got 246 hits for their various software products. Here is a link to one for a copy of Autocad 2000: http://cgi.ebay.com/Autodesk-AutoCAD-2000i-2000-CAD-Program-full-version_W0QQitemZ250418660413QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUS_Software?hash=item3a4e1d843d&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=72%3A1234|66%3A2|65%3A12|39%3A1|240%3A1318|301%3A1|293%3A1|294%3A50 Now if Autodesk was still calling the shots on this then why are they tollerating so many copies of their products being for sale on ebay when before the court ruling in [I]Timothy S. Vernor v. Autodesk Inc.[/I] they were having seller’s ebay accounts canceled? As I said, the OP can buy a used copy of an Autodesk product and use it legally.

Registration and Activation

When you install your unlicensed Autodesk product, you are prompted to enter your serial number. When you start your product for the first time, you are prompted to enter registration information. The registration process automatically generates a request code. To receive an activation code, you can transmit the request code to Autodesk over an Internet connection or contact Autodesk by email, fax, or mail. Once the activation code has been entered, the product is fully licensed.

[QUOTE=pipemanid;2272847]Registration and Activation

When you install your unlicensed Autodesk product, you are prompted to enter your serial number. When you start your product for the first time, you are prompted to enter registration information. The registration process automatically generates a request code. To receive an activation code, you can transmit the request code to Autodesk over an Internet connection or contact Autodesk by email, fax, or mail. Once the activation code has been entered, the product is fully licensed.[/QUOTE]

To insure there will be no problems, if the user buys a copy that also has the authorization code , it can be entered and the program will function normally. Even without the authorization code a person might be able to get one from Autodesk. I don’t know off hand what they require with the request procedure. How would they track all those copies of legit software when a valid S/N and CD Key is given? Who is to say a copy was sold to company “X” who was then renamed themselves to company “Y”, who had a computer die that had Autocad copy “Z” on it that they re-installed and need to re-authorize on a new computer? Maybe the court cases require them to provide codes on resold licenses?

If they refuse to give a code then it sounds like another lawsuit might be in order to determine if they can legally withhold a code from a legal owner of a copy (and therefore a license) of their software. I might need to do a little research to see if there are any legal rulings addressing this issue.

Anyway, insuring you get the authorization code with your purchase nullifies the problem.

http://images.autodesk.com/adsk/files/Activation_Whitepaper_v2.pdf
The authorization code is tied to the machine and is unique…
Newest EULA contains this:
SOFTWARE OBTAINED FROM THIRD PARTIES THAT HAVE NOT BEEN AUTHORIZED OR ALLOWED BY AUTODESK, DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY, TO SUPPLY SOFTWARE IS LIKELY TO HAVE BEEN MADE AVAILABLE IN VIOLATION OF AUTODESK’S RIGHTS. IN SUCH AN EVENT, AUTODESK IS NOT OBLIGATED TO ISSUE AN ACTIVATION CODE OR OTHERWISE PERMIT YOU TO INSTALL OR USE THE SOFTWARE.

[QUOTE=pipemanid;2272877]http://images.autodesk.com/adsk/files/Activation_Whitepaper_v2.pdf
The authorization code is tied to the machine and is unique…
Newest EULA contains this:
SOFTWARE OBTAINED FROM THIRD PARTIES THAT HAVE NOT BEEN AUTHORIZED OR ALLOWED BY AUTODESK, DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY, TO SUPPLY SOFTWARE IS LIKELY TO HAVE BEEN MADE AVAILABLE IN VIOLATION OF AUTODESK’S RIGHTS. IN SUCH AN EVENT, AUTODESK IS NOT OBLIGATED TO ISSUE AN ACTIVATION CODE OR OTHERWISE PERMIT YOU TO INSTALL OR USE THE SOFTWARE.[/QUOTE]

It would be interesting to see what they would do if someone said their copy of the software was legal based on the legal case of [I]Timothy S. Vernor v. Autodesk Inc.[/I] They seem to have built in some wiggle room in their EULA to definitely say they would not provide an authorization code. If they deny a legal owner of a software license a code it sounds like a good basis for a legal action against Autodesk for denial of a code to a valid license hold.

Newest EULA contains
New license agreements cannot be forced on old software or people unless they specifically agree on the new terms. It would be amazing to renew the EULA of MS-DOS 6.22 in this moment in time.

In general you can “force” AutoDesk to re-activate the bloody thing, but they are going to give you lots and lots of troubles. I don’t know if it’s worth all that time and effort. You may decide. At this specific moment it’s no use to debate the court settlements and they may not even apply to the residence of the original poster.

Best advice i can give the original poster: Enroll in some education and see if that gives you the rights for a student version or discount version or something. Think before you buy.